Wheelchair Accessible Beach In Mount Martha
Accessible beach near Melbourne
Beach matting extends right to the water's edge
Beach matting available 7 days a week during the season
Mount Martha is a fabulous spot in the Mornington Peninsula region, just in 1.5 hours south of Melbourne.
This is one of the most popular weekend getaways due to its short travel time from the Melbourne CBD and a beautiful ocean, marvellous landscapes and accessible beach.
There are two MobiChairs available at Mount Martha Surf Life-Saving Club, which can be used between the flags on weekends during the patrol season.
Please note that all the beach wheelchairs require assistance and supervision as they are not independent chairs. Thus, there is at least one support person needed to accompany the occupant at all times. When entering the water to float, two assistants are required.
The Mount Martha Surf Lifesaving Club also provides you with fully inclusive change facilities.
There is no cost involved in taking the MobiСhairs out. However, they can only be used between the flags when the lifesavers are patrolling as follows:
- December 26, 2019 - January 27, 2020 – Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays – from 12 pm to 6 pm;
- January 28, 2020 - April 13, 2020 – Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays – from 12 pm to 5 pm.
The beach matting is out 24/7 from November 16, 2019 - April 13, 2020.
Bookings are essential for hire of beach wheelchairs by contacting Mount Martha Surf Life-saving Club via:
- Phone: (03) 5974 4140
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://mmlsc.com.au/all-abilities-services/
LOCATION FACILITIES AND OPERATING SEASON:
- Standard operating dates: November to April
- Standard working hours: Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays
- Beach matting extends from concrete and reaches the water's edge, available 24/7
- 2 x Mobi Wheelchairs available on weekends only
- No hoist available
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible shower
- Accessible change room
- Excellent lead-up pathways
- Parking (unmarked and unrestricted with a firm dirt surface)
- Excellent accessible facilities within SLSC
- Food & drink, shopping, ice cream on site
You may also like these kids' and family activities
School holiday programs: 9 Jan; 17-18 Jan 2024
School holiday program: 17 January 2024
Free entry for kids under 18 years. Free entry if you visit their cafe
Woolley's Beach Reserve is the perfect spot for a picnic or a peaceful stroll by the water with your kids and your furry friend.
Montague Park has something fun for the whole family: a kids playground, a basketball court, a soccer field and even a small library!