Mount Martha is a fabulous spot in the Mornington Peninsula region, just in 1.5 hours south of Melbourne.
This is one of the most popular weekend getaways due to its short travel time from the Melbourne CBD and a beautiful ocean, marvellous landscapes and accessible beach.
There are two MobiChairs available at Mount Martha Surf Life-Saving Club, which can be used between the flags on weekends during the patrol season.
Please note that all the beach wheelchairs require assistance and supervision as they are not independent chairs. Thus, there is at least one support person needed to accompany the occupant at all times. When entering the water to float, two assistants are required.
The Mount Martha Surf Lifesaving Club also provides you with fully inclusive change facilities.
There is no cost involved in taking the MobiСhairs out. However, they can only be used between the flags when the lifesavers are patrolling as follows:
- December 26, 2019 - January 27, 2020 – Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays – from 12 pm to 6 pm;
- January 28, 2020 - April 13, 2020 – Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays – from 12 pm to 5 pm.
The beach matting is out 24/7 from November 16, 2019 - April 13, 2020.
Bookings are essential for hire of beach wheelchairs by contacting Mount Martha Surf Life-saving Club via:
- Phone: (03) 5974 4140
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://mmlsc.com.au/all-abilities-services/
LOCATION FACILITIES AND OPERATING SEASON:
- Standard operating dates: November to April
- Standard working hours: Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays
- Beach matting extends from concrete and reaches the water's edge, available 24/7
- 2 x Mobi Wheelchairs available on weekends only
- No hoist available
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible shower
- Accessible change room
- Excellent lead-up pathways
- Parking (unmarked and unrestricted with a firm dirt surface)
- Excellent accessible facilities within SLSC
- Food & drink, shopping, ice cream on site