- SHHQ Trading Pty Ltd (ABN 17 630 394 071) ( SHHQ ) operates an online marketplace located at the domain address Schoolholidays.com.au that allows users to browse and buy products and services from third party businesses and organisations including in relation to school holiday periods ( Online Marketplace ).
- Where the collection or handling of your personal information by us is subject to the Privacy Act, we must comply with the requirements of that Act. The Privacy Act regulates the manner in which personal information is handled throughout its life cycle, from collection to use and disclosure, storage, accessibility and disposal.
- Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What personal information do we collect?
- In the course of our business, we may collect personal information about you that is necessary for us to perform our functions and activities. We will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means.
The types of personal information we may collect and hold may vary
depending on the nature of our interaction with you and may
- identifying and contact information (such as your name, age, gender, home and/or business address, email address and telephone numbers);
- the details of your Working with Children Certificate or any other relevant workplace certificate;
- transaction details relating to purchases and bookings that have been made with us;
- bank account and payment details;
- your account username and password;
- any personal preferences you select in respect of the services and products we offer, including any personal preferences you enter when using our Online Marketplace; and
- your location at any given time, using the GPS services on your mobile phone.
We may collect personal information about:
- users of our Online Marketplace; and
- third parties providing a service to SHHQ.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information in a number ways
including when you:
- register as a user of our Online Marketplace (including as a seller);
- make a booking through our Online Marketplace;
- make a purchase through our Online Marketplace;
- enter your personal preferences in relation goods and services on our Online Marketplace;
- indicate that you wish to receives updates, offers or any other marketing material from us;
- make an inquiry or a complaint; and
- communicate with us (either verbally or in writing).
We typically collect your personal information directly from you.
On some occasions, we may collect your personal information from
third parties such as from:
- any of our related bodies corporate;
- our third party providers, suppliers and contractors; and
- anyone who makes a purchase or booking on your behalf.
- We may collect your personal information in a number ways including when you:
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
- The Privacy Act generally requires us to use personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for secondary purposes which are related (or directly related in the case of sensitive information) to the primary purpose.
In general, we collect, hold, use and disclose personal
information for the following purposes:
- to carry out our functions and activities such as operating an Online Marketplace and processing/fulfilling your bookings and orders for products and services;
- to manage our relationship with you (including if you are a customer or service provider) and to contact you for follow up purposes;
- to send you updates, offers and other marketing material;
- to verify and update personal information held by us;
- to review, develop and improve our functions and activities and business processes;
- to review and address complaints;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations; and
- for other purposes required or authorised by or under law, including purposes for which you have provided your express or implied consent.
- Our functions and activities may change from time to time.
- If you provide your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number, you also consent to us using your email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number to contact you (including by telephone call, SMS or email) for any of the above purposes.
To whom may we disclose your personal information?
In order to carry out the above purposes, we may disclose your
personal information to:
third party providers who:
- operate services for which you enrol or purchase tickets to; or
- produce goods you have purchased;
- persons or organisation we engage to assist us in carrying out the above purposes such as data storage providers, IT support, marketing service providers, insurers and professional advisors; and
- our related bodies corporate.
- third party providers who:
- In order to carry out the above purposes, we may disclose your personal information to:
What happens if you don't provide your personal information to us?
- If you do not provide the personal information that we request, we may be unable to provide the products and services you or others request of us.
How do we hold your personal information and manage the data quality and security of your personal information?
- We store your personal information electronically on servers located in Singapore with access only available by passwords. Data is stored by a third party storage provider, DigitalOcean, LLC (101 Avenue of the Americas, 10th Floor New York, NY 10013). We aim to store your personal information securely and have a range of security controls in place (including physical, technical and procedural safeguards) designed to protect your personal information.
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, we take reasonable
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, hold use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date; and
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Do we transfer personal information overseas?
- We may disclose your personal information to some of our service providers located overseas, including our IT support provider located in Belarus.
We may use your personal information to contact you (including by
telephone call, SMS or email) in relation to products, services or
other offers we think may be of interest to you. This may include
the products, services and other offers of:
- any related body corporate of SHHQ; or
- third parties who offer products or services through our Online Marketplace.
- We may also use your personal information to conduct online behavioural advertising and target online ads matched to your interests through online platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Google.
- You may opt-out of receiving marketing information from us and online behavioural advertising at any time by contacting us using the contact details which appear immediately below the heading "How can you access or correct your personal information and contact us?".
- We may use your personal information to contact you (including by telephone call, SMS or email) in relation to products, services or other offers we think may be of interest to you. This may include the products, services and other offers of:
How can you access or correct your personal information and contact us?
Please contact us if you would like to seek access to or request
that we correct the personal information we hold about you:
- By mail: PO BOX 4033, AUBURN SOUTH VIC 3122
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable, and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date. In some circumstances and in accordance with the Privacy Act, we may not permit you access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information, in which case we will provide you reasons for this decision.
- Please contact us if you would like to seek access to or request that we correct the personal information we hold about you:
How we handle complaints
- If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected or handled your personal information, please advise us of your concern or complaint in writing and send it to email@example.com. Your concern or complaint will be considered or investigated and we will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days.
- It is our intention to use our best endeavours to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you are unhappy with our response, you may contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner who may investigate your complaint further.
- Further information about the application of the Privacy Act can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.