Capricorn Caves Cathedral Cave Tour
45-Minute Cathedral Cave tour at Capricorn Caves
Learn about geological history and local wildlife
Walk through the zig zag passage
Cross a suspension bridge in the rainforest
Take in the underground splendor of the cave system
Experienced local guides deliver the captivating stories
Explore the Capricorn Caves in Rockhampton to uncover Queensland's ancient landscapes and geological marvels during a 45 minute interpretive tour of the Cathedral Cave. This popular show cave is one of the largest caves open to the public with walkways and ramps available for ease of accessibility.
Listen to the captivating stories of Australia’s early explorers and discover what native, endangered and shy species hide in the shadows and call this unique attraction home. Led by knowledgeable guides, tour a labyrinth of caves and experience the pitch perfect acoustics in the Cathedral Chamber. As the tour comes to end, negotiate through a zigzag passageway and cross a suspension bridge in the rainforest.
Cathedral Caves tours are available hourly from 9am to 4pm daily, don’t miss out.
- 45-Minute Cathedral Caves tour
- Local guide
- Transportation to/from Cathedral Cave
- Food and drinks
- Tours run on the hour throughout the day
- This experience will take approximately 45 minutes
- This experience takes place at Capricorn Caves on 30 Olsens Caves Rd, The Caves QLD 4702
What To Bring
- Enclosed footwear is recommended but not essential
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Wheelchair accessible tours available on request
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Experience the ultimate family adventure at Cedar Creek Falls near Arlie Beach. Enjoy a picnic, jump in the swimming hole & explore the hiking trails!
Follow your expert guide off the beaten track and explore some of our best-hidden secrets such as the Deep Vault Cave and Flowerpot on this 90 minute tour.
Cave explorers take note: the Capricorn Caves Adventurer tour is your ticket to challenging caves including Jack’s Beanstalk and Fat Man’s Misery.
Travel west of Mackay through hectares of cane fields to the beautiful Finch Hatton Gorge where you'll join a relaxing hike and swim in a secret spot.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!