Port Arthur Day Tour with Salamanca Market and Carnarvon Bay Cruise
What you need to know
Spend the day exploring the best of Tasmania including a visit to the Port Arthur Historic Site, Carnarvon Bay and Salamanca Market encompassing the perfect balance of scenery and adventure. Your morning will be spent at Salamanca Market; one of Hobart's most popular outdoor market where you'll be given ample time to explore, have a browse and make a few purchases if you find something that catches your eye. This is a thriving market loved by locals and visitors alike and known for stalls that sell a range of unique knick knacks you'll fall in love with.
The next stop on the agenda is the Port Arthur Historic Site, which you will reach via comfortable coach. While at the site you'll be led on a guided 40-minute tour to learn about the region's convict past and its significance in Australian history. Following your guided tour, you'll be given more free time to explore the ruins yourself or simply relax at the on site restaurant and cafe. The next attraction included in this tour is a cruise on Carnarvon Bay around the 'Isle of the Dead' a cemetery that sits adjacent to Port Arthur and was the burial sites for those who died inside the Port Arthur prison. The cruise will give you a unique view of this incredibly historic sight as well as beautiful views of the surrounding area.
Tours depart every Saturday at 9:15am to return at 6pm. Guests are advised that morning/afternoon tea and lunch is not included in the price so be sure to bring extra money to purchase or you can bring your own.
- Hotel transfers
- Shopping time at Salamanca Market
- 40 minute guided tour of Port Arthur
- Carnarvon Bay cruise
- Free WiFi on the coach
- Admission to Port Arthur
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Shopping at Hobart's most popular and colourful outdoor market
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsula
- Pristine Pirates Bay
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and more
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay around the "Isle of the Dead"
- Visit highlights of Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devil's Kitchen
- Tours depart Saturdays at 8.45am and return at 6pm
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words 'hotel not known' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you do not require a hotel pick up
- If you do not require a hotel pick up and will be meeting the tour at the tour departure point, enter the words 'not required' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your tour. Tour departure point is listed above and on your confirmation tour voucher
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.