Port Arthur Historic Site Entry plus Harbour Cruise
Museum & Convict Study Centre
2 days' access to Port Arthur site
Includes Carnarvon Bay cruise
Over 30 historic buildings
- Complimentary site talks by our expert guides at key locations throughout the day – every day
- 20-minute Harbour Cruise
- Entry to the Port Arthur Gallery, which includes interactive exhibits and displays that tell the story of the Port Arthur
- access to more than 30 historic buildings, ruins, restored houses, heritage gardens and walking trails for two consecutive days
- New self-guided Port Arthur Audio Experience which can be downloaded to their own mobile devices as a podcast
- Join an expert guide for an overview of the story of Port Arthur.
- Interpretation Gallery
- Museum & Convict Study Centre
- Located in the former Asylum adjacent to the Museum Coffee Shop, a fascinating display of objects made and used at Port Arthur. You can also search our convict database.
- Convict Water Supply Trail : Start adjacent to the dam behind the Hospital and discover an engineering wonder; finish at the Commandant’s House.
- Dockyard: A short walk from the jetty, this innovative project brings the hustle and bustle of the dockyard to life
Port Arthur Historic Site, Arthur Highway, Port Arthur.
Duration 40 minutes approx.
The Port Arthur Historic Site is at the southern end of the Tasman Peninsula, a 90 minute drive (95 kilometres) south east of Hobart along the Tasman (A3) and Arthur (A9) Highways. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour.
- Tours cover a walking distance of about two kilometres on moderate grade terrain, so comfortable, practical walking shoes are recommended.
- Tours proceed in all weather, including rain, and tickets are not refundable.
- Please note that tours may not be suitable for young children. We recommend that you contact us in advance if you are unsure about suitability for your children.
- Family pass covers 2 adults and up to 6 children
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Discover the hidden gem of Tasmania: Montezuma Falls! A family-friendly adventure near Queenstown with unique views and lots to explore. Dogs welcome.
Reconnect with nature at Russell Falls in Tasmania! Only an hour drive from Hobart, you'll explore the beauty of Mount Field National Park & its falls
BOUNCE Hobart is an exciting place to have fun with friends with a free-jump arena, dodgeball, wall climb, high ropes course, indoor playground & more!
Gift of Flight - Purchase until 25 December 2023
Lake Dobson, just 30 minutes from Mount Field National Park, is family-friendly, with a peaceful walking trail for kids of all ages. A valid national park pass is needed.
Great park & playground for kids of all ages, that also has fitness equipment for parents and carers.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!