kunanyi Mt Wellington Explorer Bus 2 Hour Return Tour
Hop-on hop-off or stay onboard and enjoy the 2 hour kunanyi/Mt Wellington return tour
Discover kunanyi/Mt Wellington at your own pace
5 stops to explore within Wellington Park
Experience spectacular views over Hobart and Tasmania’s southern region
Bushwalk through tall eucalyptus forests
Mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park
- Please note this service is temporarily unavailable
- Explorer Pass for kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus, valid all day
- 2 hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit.
- Complimentary Wellington Park bushwalking map
- Informative local guide commentary
- Free Wi-Fi
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania.
- Hop-on and hop-off at your choice of 5 bus stops within Wellington Park.
- Hop-off and go for an optional bushwalk through tall eucalyptus forests or fern tree gullies, then hop back on a later bus to return to Hobart.
- Discover kunanyi/Mt Wellington at your own pace.
- This tour operates every day except Christmas Day (25th December)
- Please note: The Winter Timetable will start earlier this year, commencing on Wednesday 1 April 2020
- At the completion of purchase, you will need to contact the tour operator to book in a departure time that suits you (tour operator details will be printed on your tour voucher)
October – April (Summer Timetable)
- Tour departs at 9.30am, 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm and 3.30pm
May – September (Winter Timetable)
- Tour departs at 9.30am, 12pm and 2.30pm
- This tour takes 2 hours to complete, including 30 minutes to take in the panoramic views at the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington
- This tour departs from Bus Stop 2: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building)
- Or hop-on and hop-off the bus at any of the following bus stops;
- Bus Stop 1: Brooke Street Pier (pick-up point 10 minutes before the start of the tour)
- Bus Stop 3: Fern Tree Park
- Bus Stop 4: The Springs
- Bus Stop 5: The Chalet
- Bus Stop 6: Big Bend
- Bus Stop 7: The Pinnacle
What To Bring
- Bring a warm jacket as the temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is approximately 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city
- Please note your ticket is valid all day on the day of travel
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is approximately 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go
- There is limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe located at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. Please contact us to reserve a space for your bike and add bike freight ($10 per bike) to your booking. Bikes MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure
- The Operator's primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. However, some services may not be wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please let the Operator know at the time of booking
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Discover the hidden gem of Tasmania: Montezuma Falls! A family-friendly adventure near Queenstown with unique views and lots to explore. Dogs welcome.
Reconnect with nature at Russell Falls in Tasmania! Only an hour drive from Hobart, you'll explore the beauty of Mount Field National Park & its falls
BOUNCE Hobart is an exciting place to have fun with friends with a free-jump arena, dodgeball, wall climb, high ropes course, indoor playground & more!
Gift of Flight - Purchase until 25 December 2023
Lake Dobson, just 30 minutes from Mount Field National Park, is family-friendly, with a peaceful walking trail for kids of all ages. A valid national park pass is needed.
Great park & playground for kids of all ages, that also has fitness equipment for parents and carers.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!