Hobart City Kayaking Half Day Tour
2.5 hour Hobart kayak tour
Stable and comfortable kayaks
Fresh fish and chips on conclusion
Sandy Bay, Hobart coast, docks & more
One of the most picturesque harbours in the world
- 2.5 hour kayaking tour
- Fish and chips snack
- Stable double sea kayaks
- Quality paddling equipment
- Expert guides
- Hotel transfers
- Hobart’s iconic waterfront from a perspective few get to experience - from your very own kayak
- Departing from Sandy Bay, explore Hobart’s coastline, paddling past historic Battery Point, now one of the most prestigious neighbourhoods in Hobart, and gliding under fishing wharfs before entering the bustling Hobart docks
- You’ll get up close to sleek yachts, elegant tall ships, working fishing boats, modern cruisers and possibly even a cruise ship
- After working up an appetite, enjoy Hobart’s legendary fish and chips direct from a dockside fish punt from the comfort of your kayak while your guide entertains you with some local stories
- No paddling experience is necessary and this paddle is suitable for younger paddlers who can team up with an adult or one of our guides
- Tours depart daily at 10am and 4pm approx. (October to April)
- Tours depart from Marieville Esplanade, Sandy Bay (opposite 16 Marieville Esplanade on the beach near the rowing sheds)
- Approx 2.5 hours
What To Bring
- Hat and sunglasses
- Comfortable casual clothes
- We can cater for children 7 years and over. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Please specify your preferred departure time 10am or 4pm in booking notes
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Discover the hidden gem of Tasmania: Montezuma Falls! A family-friendly adventure near Queenstown with unique views and lots to explore. Dogs welcome.
Reconnect with nature at Russell Falls in Tasmania! Only an hour drive from Hobart, you'll explore the beauty of Mount Field National Park & its falls
BOUNCE Hobart is an exciting place to have fun with friends with a free-jump arena, dodgeball, wall climb, high ropes course, indoor playground & more!
Gift of Flight - Purchase until 25 December 2023
Lake Dobson, just 30 minutes from Mount Field National Park, is family-friendly, with a peaceful walking trail for kids of all ages. A valid national park pass is needed.
Great park & playground for kids of all ages, that also has fitness equipment for parents and carers.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!