Port Arthur Day Tour with Carnarvon Bay Cruise and Isle of Dead Tour
40 minute guided Port Arthur tour
Carnarvon Bay cruise
Isle of Dead walking tour
Tasman National Park
Journey back to a tougher time in Tasmania with a visit to the historically preserved Port Arthur Historic Site. Led by local guides, you'll be able to explore the ruins of the one of the penal colony sites from the settlement era as well as the Isle of the Dead via a scenic and enjoyable cruise which will give you insight into the rich convict history of the site.
Your journey to Port Arthur departs Hobart every day except Saturday at 8:45am to then cross the Derwent River. You'll leave the city behind and venture into the Tasmanian middle ground to experience the beauty of its contrasting landscapes including ocean views and rugged coastlines. Once you've reached Port Arthur, you'll be given the chance to join in on a walking tour around the site - which is already included in the price - while also spending some time exploring the ruins and sites on your own to learn all about the area's dramatic history and cultural importance.
The Port Arthur Historic Site is a must-see when visiting Tasmania as it is rich in visual history and tells a story of troubling times to give insight into the convict era Australia once lived through. This day tour visits a number of great sights including the Tasman Arch, Tasman National Park and the Devil's Kitchen for a full day of adventure and scenery to return at 5pm. Book your tour of Port Arthur Historic Site with this cruise package online today.
- Hotel transfers
- Guided tour of Port Arthur
- Harbour cruise
- Guided tour of Isle of the Dead
- Free WiFi on the coach
- Admission to Port Arthur
- Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsula
- Pristine Pirates Bay
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Find out what's unique about Doo Town
- Port Arthur - historic convict site
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay around the Isle of the Dead
- See Port Arthur from a different perspective on an "Isle of the Dead" walking tour
- Take a guided walking tour of historic Port Arthur with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and more
- Visit highlights of Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devil's Kitchen
- Tours depart every day at 8.45am except Saturdays and return at 5pm (5.30pm OCT-APR)
- Tour departs from Gray Line Terminal, Brooke Street Pier
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words 'hotel not known' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you do not require a hotel pick up
- If you do not require a hotel pick up and will be meeting the tour at the tour departure point, enter the words 'not required' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your tour. Tour departure point is listed above and on your confirmation tour voucher
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Discover the hidden gem of Tasmania: Montezuma Falls! A family-friendly adventure near Queenstown with unique views and lots to explore. Dogs welcome.
Reconnect with nature at Russell Falls in Tasmania! Only an hour drive from Hobart, you'll explore the beauty of Mount Field National Park & its falls
BOUNCE Hobart is an exciting place to have fun with friends with a free-jump arena, dodgeball, wall climb, high ropes course, indoor playground & more!
Gift of Flight - Purchase until 25 December 2023
Lake Dobson, just 30 minutes from Mount Field National Park, is family-friendly, with a peaceful walking trail for kids of all ages. A valid national park pass is needed.
Great park & playground for kids of all ages, that also has fitness equipment for parents and carers.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!