Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Tickets
See Tasmanian endemic species
Pet and feed native Forester kangaroos
Wildlife hospital viewing deck
Just a short drive from Hobart
45 minute wildlife tour included
Complimentary bag of kangaroo feed
- General Admission
- Complimentary bag of kangaroo feed
- 45 minute wildlife tour (10:00am, 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm daily)
- Large mob of friendly, free-ranging kangaroos - meet them all by hand-feeding with a complimentary bag of kangaroo feed
- Bonorong has a number of species that are sadly now extinct everywhere but Tasmania
- The Tasmanian devil, the Eastern quoll and the shy Tasmanian bettong
- Make us part of a day trip - within 45 minutes of Bonorong you can find fantastic sites such as the Richmond Bridge, Mt Wellington, the Cadbury Chocolate Factory, Mt Field National Park, the famous Salamanca Market, and many of our internationally recognised wineries and breweries
- Full 45-min wildlife tours take place every day at 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm. You can see the Tassie devil eat a snack, learn about their quirky personalities as well as some of the threats they face and the efforts to help protect them. They also include the opportunity to meet the wombat and koala and give them a pat
- Open every day of the year including weekends and public holidays (except Christmas Day)
- 25 minutes from Hobart's CBD and just off the A1 directly from Launceston
Via car from Hobart
- Take the A1 (the main highway between Hobart and Launceston) north out of the Hobart city centre.
- When you reach Granton, take the second exit (turning right) at the roundabout and cross over Bridgewater Bridge.
- Continue straight through the roundabout immediately after the bridge (past the fast food restaurant on the left).
- At the next roundabout, take the first exit to turn on to the Brighton Bypass.
- Drive for 3-5 minutes, keeping an eye out for the large sign on the left hand sign reading "Bonorong Wildlife Centre". Take the first exit after you see this sign, staying in the left lane.
- At the T intersection, turn left, following the Bonorong sign. Note: this is now a 60km an hour zone.
- Follow this road around the bend - you will soon see Briggs Road on your left, with a small sign for 'Bonorong Wildlife Park'. Turn left onto Briggs Road.
- Bonorong is approximately 1 kilometre up this road on the left hand side (past the train tracks). Take the driveway up to the main carpark. You've arrived!
Via car from Launceston
- Follow the A1 (the main highway between Launceston and Hobart), south towards Hobart. The journey from Launceston to Bonorong will take about 2 hours.
- After approximately 170km, you will pass through the town of Mangalore, then come to a large roundabout.
- Take the first exit at the roundabout to stay on the A1 highway.
- As you continue along the highway you will see large information signs indicating an exit to Tea Tree Rd/C321 (and also signs for Bonorong).
- Take this exit off the highway.
- At the intersection, turn right and continue along for approximately 1km until you see a small Bonorong sign directing you to turn left on to Briggs Rd.
- Continue along Briggs Rd, passing over the train tracks, until you see Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary on the left hand side.
- Turn into the driveway and up to the main carpark. You've arrived!
- EFTPOS facilities are available
- Family passes are available direct with Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and are not currently offered by Experience Oz
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile vouchers are accepted! - vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Discover the hidden gem of Tasmania: Montezuma Falls! A family-friendly adventure near Queenstown with unique views and lots to explore. Dogs welcome.
Reconnect with nature at Russell Falls in Tasmania! Only an hour drive from Hobart, you'll explore the beauty of Mount Field National Park & its falls
BOUNCE Hobart is an exciting place to have fun with friends with a free-jump arena, dodgeball, wall climb, high ropes course, indoor playground & more!
BOUNCE After Dark Party: 01 Dec 2023. Book today!
Lake Dobson, just 30 minutes from Mount Field National Park, is family-friendly, with a peaceful walking trail for kids of all ages. A valid national park pass is needed.
Great park & playground for kids of all ages, that also has fitness equipment for parents and carers.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!