Unique Tour (Pukekura's History, Albatross and Fort Taiaroa Tours)
Experience the breeding colony of the Royal Albatross
See the nature reserve from unique areas
Witness the social and family life of the breeding colony
Viewing the albatross is behind a one way glass system
- 90 Minute Unique Albatross tour
- Knowledgable and informative guide
- Visit the breeding colony of the Royal Albatross
- Short film about the colony
- Colony viewing from an exclusive observatory
- Hotel tranfers
- Experience the breeding colony of the Royal Albatross
- Learn the full fascinating history and the cultural history of Pukekura/Taiaroa Head, the wildlife and Fort Taiaroa
- See the nature reserve from unique areas
- Witness the social and family life of the breeding colony
- Keep a look out for the opportunity to be amazed by the soaring three metre wingspan of the birds
- The only mainland breeding colony of Royal Albatross in the world and home to over 20 species of birds
- Small groups (18 pax per tour allowed by permit)
- The only tour to access an exclusive observatory on a Department of Conservation (DOC) nature reserve
- Viewing the albatross is behind a one way glass system to reduce our disturbance on the albatross and wildlife.
- Multiple departures from 11:00am until dusk Tours. Please call the operator to confirm your tour time once you have received your voucher (tour operator details will be provided on tour voucher)
- 1260 Harington Point Rd, Otago Peninsula, PO Box 492, Dunedin
What To Bring
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- Solid footwear
- Camera (Flash not permitted)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!