Half Day Scenic Glenorchy and Lord of the Rings Tour
Professional, friendly and local guides
Explore unique Lord of the Rings filming locations
Twelve Mile Delta to Bob's Cove Track
Delicious picnic in the historic township of Glenorchy
Entry to Mount Aspiring and Isengard Lookout
Take in the diverse landscape of ancient forest, rivers and glacier-carved valley
Fans of Peter Jackson’s Lord of The Rings movies should not miss out on this day tour to Glenorchy to view the stunning scenery and locations that featured in the blockbuster movie. Venture into Middle Earth and encounter Isengard, Amon Hen, Lothlorien Forest and The Misty Mountains as well as the aptly named Mt Aspiring World Heritage Park.
Local tour guides will share with your their knowledge of the area and secrets behind the filming of 'The Lord of the Rings' as you tour one of the most scenic landscapes in New Zealand past ancient forest, rivers and glacier carved valleys. The half day Lord of the Rings adventure will have you back in Queenstown at 2 pm after witnessing the movie magic and local flora and fauna that inspired the famous 'Lord of the Rings' films.
- Central Queenstown transfers
- Professional, friendly and local guides
- Live English commentary
- Entry to Twelve Mile Delta to Bob's Cove Track
- Entry to Mount Aspiring
- Entry to Isengard Lookout
- Light morning or afternoon tea provided.
- Optional Lord of the Rings costumes/replica swords provided
- Take a journey deep into Middle Earth and explore unique Lord of the Rings filming locations from Queenstown to Glenorchy and Mt Aspiring World Heritage National Park
- Delicious picnic in the historic township of Glenorchy
- Feel the trilogy come to life as you visit the breathtaking and magical landscape that inspired Peter Jackson's film locations for The Lord of the Rings movies
- Travel in small groups with local guides who have a real passion and knowledge of the area
- Take in the diverse landscape of ancient beech forest, braided rivers and glacier-carved valley
- This tour departs daily at 8am and 1.45pm in all weather conditions
- 2 tours departing Queenstown daily.
- 4 - 4.5 hours
- 8am returning at 12:30pm
- 1:30pm returning at 6pm
- Queenstown Main Departure location: Outside the Station Information Centre ; (Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets)
- Please wait on the wooden benches on the Camp St Side just down from Marmolada Cafe
- Pick ups are available from some Queenstown hotels - please email the supplier after booking for this option.
- No pick up from Frankton Hotels or the Hilton unless large group booking.
- if hotel is close to our main depature point - please have guests meet us here due to traffic congestion in Queenstown.
What To Bring
- Dress for the season
- Comfortable shoes
- Waterbottle & Your camera
- There is no room for large luggage items on board
- No food or drinks permitted on board
- This tour is not suitable for young children - ages 5 & older, please.
- Full Refund if given 48 hours notice
- No refund if you are late for the tour & miss the bus
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of purchase
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Join us to saddle up for a New Zealand horse riding trek around Walter Peak High Country Farm to follow up your delightful cruise aboard the TSS Earnslaw. Suitable for ages 7+.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!