Te Anau Glowworm Caves Tour
NZs famous glow worm caves
Tour available from Te Anau
2 hr 15 minute experience
Amazing limestone caverns
Luxury catamaran cruise across Lake Te Anau
Small-boat experience to view glowworms
- Tour through the underground network of glowworm caves
- Short guided walk into the forest to view native flora and fauna
- Return Scenic Cruise across Lake Te Anau on a luxury catamaran
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Refreshments are not included however can be purchased at the Cavern House and on the boat at the location of the Te Anau Glowworm Caves and also on the cruise vessel
- Experience a mysterious underground world with a guided cave tour past the rushing water of an underground stream before drifting in silent darkness beneath the luminous shimmer of hundreds of glowworms
Ex Te Anau
- Trips to the Glowworm Caves depart from the RealNZ Visitor Centre, 85 Lakefront Drive, Te Anau
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes (non-slip)
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm clothing (8 - 12ºC cave temperature)
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen/ sunglasses
- Camera (note: photography and video filming are not permitted inside the cave)
- Suitable for all ages with exception of infants
- Child rates apply for 5 - 14 years and infants 0 - 4 years carried free of charge
- No film / photography permitted inside caves
- Morning departure times may vary
- Light refreshments are available for purchase at Cavern House and on the Luminosa.
- A REASONABLE AGILITY LEVEL IS NECESSARY (SOME BENDING IS REQUIRED DUE TO LOW CAVES ENTRANCE AND STEPS ARE INVOLVED). NOT SUITABLE FOR WHEELCHAIR PASSENGERS OR HEELED SHOES
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Book this return Lake Wanaka cruise to the Mou Waho Island Nature Reserve for a 60-minute hike to the summit viewing the glacial lake and mountain scenery.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!