Mount Cook Heli-skiing from Queenstown
Heli Ski Experience
Fully qualified guide
Alpine buffet lunch
Suitable for guests of all abilities
This great value New Zealand heli-skiing package headed for Mount Cook - New Zealand's highest mountain - from Queenstown for an awe-inspiring scenic flight to kick off the day of adrenaline and adventure that awaits. Some very high-altitude heli-skiing and snowboarding experiences await, and after 5 or 7 runs in this magnificent environment coupled with a delicious alpine lunch, your group has the option to upgrade for additional runs before you head back with a smile on your face aboard your flight back to Queenstown.
- Heli Ski tour
- Fully qualified guide
- Alpine buffet lunch
- Use of transceivers
- All transfers from accommodation to heli-staging areas and return
- Pick up and drop off of your rental equipment
- For everyone who thought heli-skiing was beyond them!
- Your guide will lead you to terrain suited to your ability for an unforgettable experience
- Available in the winter months only (July - Sep)
- Tours depart between 8am - 9am. The exact departure time will be confirmed by the tour operator after the booking
What To Bring
- You will need to bring your ski/board or hire equipment
- You will need to have warm clothing – a windproof jacket and pants, warm gloves, sunglasses or goggles and sunscreen
- Bring a camera to capture ski day
- Run length varies depending on the terrain and snow conditions. Our exclusive terrain offers runs that vary between 2000 and 2500 vertical feet of treeless skiing in sheltered basins, bowls and wide rolling mountain flanks through to steep and gnarly chutes
- Heli-skiing / boarding takes place in an alpine environment, above the tree line and is weather dependent. When booking, we suggest you register with us for daily heli-skiing as soon as you arrive in the area and allow some flexibility in your schedule. Snow in the backcountry can vary from fine powder to crud to beautiful spring corn. Check with us for the latest conditions
- A full refund can only be guaranteed if we receive your notice of cancellation at least 24 hours prior to skiing.
- Within 24 hours of departure, full payment is retained.
- If adverse weather prevents flying, your money will be fully refunded.
- If some heli-ski runs have been completed, but fewer than the number of runs booked, you will be refunded at $100 per run not skied.
- Refunds are not given if runs are not completed due to the lack of ability or fitness.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!