Milford Sound Flyover
Scenic helicopter flight over Milford Sound
Experienced pilot with live commentary
See the 'Eighth Wonder of the World' by air
Fly over ancient glaciers and cascading waterfalls
Visit the famous Milford Sound on a scenic helicopter flight from Glenorchy flying across the majestic landscape of the Southern Alps. The region is often referred to as the ‘Eighth Wonder of the World’ and once passengers are up in the air, they’ll understand why. Fly over magnificent fiords carved by ancient glaciers to spot cascading waterfalls, unique wildlife and sheer cliffs clad with native beech forest.
The spectacular glaciers and hidden lakes begin to reveal themselves as you cruise closer to Milford Sound and Mitre Peak. Before you return to Glenorchy, stop for a brief photo opportunity on the Upper Humboldt Mountain Range for panoramic views of Glenorchy and beyond. Flights depart at 10.30am and 3.30pm. Be quick, reserve your spot online for this popular Milford Sound helicopter tour.
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Spectacular views and photo opportunities
- Spectacular views of Milford Sound
- Panoramic views of Glenorchy
- Experience the 'Eighth Wonder of the World' by air
- This experience departs at 10:30am and 3:30pm
- Please allow approximately 50 minutes for this experience
- All flights depart from Heli Glenorchy at 35 Mull Street, Glenorchy, New Zealand
What To Bring
- Wear sensible comfortable covered shoes
- Bring along or wear warm clothing, including a jacket
- Remember to bring your camera, sunscreen, sunglasses and insect repellent
- Minimum passenger numbers apply
- Tour operator reserves the right to up-grade passengers or merge flights for operational reasons or flight management purposes if required
- Occasionally flight paths or landing locations may alter at the pilot’s discretion
- Flights are also weather dependent
- For the purpose of aircraft weight and balance and in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority rules and regulations, we require all passenger weights at the time of booking. Once we have received and reviewed this information we will be able to confirm the booking
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!