Doubtful Sound Scenic Helicopter Flight - 70 Minutes
70 minute scenic flight over Doubtful Sound
Spot the infamous West Arm Power Station
Take a peek at Bradshaw Sound
Soaring over the Main Divide
Two remote alpine landings
Soak up the beauty of Campbells' Kingdom
Setting off from Te Anau, discover one of the remarkable treasures of the New Zealand Fiords on a 70 minute Doubtful Sound scenic helicopter flight. Watch as awe-inspiring rugged mountains, rainforest and hidden inlets come into your vision as you soar high over the Fiordlands. The pilot will then fly over Wilmot Pass and track along the long and winding Doubtful Sound Fiord home to several cascading waterfalls.
If the weather is suitable on the day, passengers will also enter the magical Campbell’s Kingdom, a beautiful hidden valley encompassing a lake and waterfall. From here, glimpse Bradshaw Sound before soaring over the Main Divide of the Southern Alps for a second remote landing at Mount Kidd.
- 70 minute scenic helicopter flight
- Two remote alpine landings including one at Mount Kidd
- Enjoy stunning bird's eye views of Doubtful Sound, the ‘Sound of Silence’
- Soak up the beauty of Campbell’s Kingdom – a fairytale-like hanging valley
- Two remote alpine landings, one atop scenic Mount Kidd
- This flight is available Monday to Sunday.
- This experience is 70 minutes in duration.
- This experience takes place in Fiordland, NZ.
- This experience is located at Southern Lakes Helicopters, 79 Lakefront Drive, Te Anau.
What To Bring
- Sturdy shoes, pants, and a light jacket
- Wearing warm layers is a good idea since it can be a little colder up in the mountains at our landing location but nice and warm inside the helicopter
- There are no age restrictions however, any children under four will travel for free on parents lap and safety belts are provided
- Children over four legally require their own seat
- Full names and weights of all passengers prior to boarding the aircraft are required
- Minimum numbers do apply - two persons per flight - subject to aircraft availability
- You can watch the aircraft take off however space in office is limited
- The pilots make a weather call each morning. Passengers are welcome to call the office for an update
- Most of the flights are wheelchair accessible
- The number of passengers and weight will determine the most the suitable aircraft
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!