Cruise and Kayak Milford Sound Summer Tour
Kayak the clear waters in Harrison Cove
Cruise along the full length of the Milford Sound fiord
Encounter wildlife from a unique underwater perspective
Friendly and informative commentary
Complimentary picnic lunch and tea & coffee
Opportunities to see a diverse & spectacular wildlife
- 2 hour Milford Sound nature cruise
- On board commentary throughout the Nature Cruise
- Entry to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
- 1 hour kayak in Harrison Cove
- Picnic Lunch
- Transfers to and from accommodation
- Cruise the full length on the fiord on a modern, purpose-built day cruise vessel
- Comfortable indoor seating & tall windows for a spectacular panoramic view
- Lively & informative commentary delivered by a specialist Nature Guide on board
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch whilst aboard the cruise, taking in the breathtaking scenery
- Complimentary tea and coffee on board the cruise
- Descend 10 metres beneath the water into a spacious viewing chamber with uninterrupted 360 degree views of the undersea world
- Encounter the rare black coral and colourful sea creatures that teem just below the surface
- Observe the changing underwater environment as your view corals, anemones & fish in their natural habitat
- Gaze through crystal clear waters as you kayak around the sheltered Harrison Cove
- Access to a specialist kayak guide in an intimate, up close nature experience
- Opportunities to reach out and touch the water or sheer rock walls of Milford Sound
- All guests must check in 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time
- Please allow 4.5 hours approximately for this tour
- The nature cruise will will run for a duration on 2 hours and the kayaking will run for a duration of 1 hour
- Milford Sound Visitor Centre, Freshwater Basin, Milford Sound Highway 94, Milford Sound
- Paid parking is available in Milford Sound for $10 per hour payable with credit card
What To Bring
- Warm clothing
- Waterproof jacket
- Light shorts or trousers
- Change of clothes (in case you get wet)
- Comfortable shoes
- Drink bottle, sunhat, sunglasses, insect repellent
- This tour is not suitable for children under 5 years old
- Children aged 5-14yrs must be accompanied by an adult in the kayak in a double kayak
- Double kayaks are available and must be requested at the time of booking
- Single kayaks are only available for adult passengers
- All required kayaking equipment is provided by the operator
- All passengers must be able to swim and wear an approved life jacket in accordance with their weight
- All passengers will be required to sign a liability form before commencing kayaking
- Passengers on kayaking trips must follow guide instructions and adhere to safety requirements
- The operator reserves the right to amend timetables, cancel cruise departures and substitute vessels at any time for safety or operational reasons including due to unsafe weather conditions or vessel maintenance
- Minimum numbers must be met for all tours to operate
- Milford Sound is a natural environment so wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed
- Passengers who do not check-in for departure will be considered “no shows” and are note entitled to a refund
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!