Port Stephens Sand Surfing Adventure
Port Stephens stand up sandboarding
Fun 4WD transfer to the dunes
Shaded picnic area, bring your lunch
Spend as long as you like on the dunes
Choose from boards with bindings or without
Extended opening hours over summer
Join this sand surfing 4WD safari from Port Stephens for unlimited sand surfing down the largest moving sand dunes in the Southern Hemisphere! Begin the adventure with a 4WD transfer from Anna Bay to the dunes with regular shuttles running all day giving you unlimited time to zoom up and down the dunes as much as you like. Pack a picnic and take a break from your sand surfing adventure with shaded picnic areas available for your enjoyment. This is the only sand safari that allows guests to stand up and experience surfing down the large dunes and friendly instructors will be available to provide assistance as required. When you have had enough, simply rejoin the 4WD transfer shuttle to return back to Anna Bay.
The Port Stephens Sand Surfing Safari is available daily between 10am to 4pm. Sandboarding is suitable for all ages- young children and toddlers may ride down the dunes with adults or ride solo if they are feeling confident. This is a great family friendly activity and a great way to experience the natural phenomenon of the Port Stephens sand dunes.
- Unlimited stand up or sit down sand surfing departing from Anna Bay in Port Stephens
- Stand up, sit down or kneel on your board
- Fun 4WD transfer to the dunes in the custom-built vehicle
- Board hire
- Professional and friendly sand surfing instruction
- A large bowl-shaped dune with varying sized slopes
- Shaded picnic area, bring your lunch
- A shuttle departs at 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm and 3.30pm
- Extended opening hours over summer
- Last shuttle back to the carpark is before sunset
- You are able to sandboard for as long as you like, simply jump on the next shuttle available to take you back to the departure point
- Lower Car Park End of James Paterson St Anna Bay NSW 2316
What To Bring
- Sun protection including sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Goggles are recommended during windy weather, available to borrow
- No special footwear required as sand surfing is done barefoot
- A camera, the scenery is spectacular
- If the sand is very wet, such as after heavy rain, it becomes extremely smooth and fast. During these instances the experience may need to limit the stand up to small slopes only
- Standing on sandboards is allowed, however, a health and safety waiver must be signed
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at the time of booking
- Upon completion of the purchase, please print the voucher and present on the day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Wade into the shallows and get to know and hand feed the curious creatures at the Irukandji Shark & Ray Aquarium in Port Stephens.
Visit Broughton Island to swim or snorkel in the pristine waters on this 3 hour snorkelling cruise.
Enjoy a front-row seat to admire the magnificent Humpback Whales on this 90 minute express whale watching cruise from Port Stephens from June to November.
Book the Tropical Snorkel at Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters aquarium to feed sharks and rays. Entry tickets are included in this experience.
Set sail on this 3 hour whale watching cruise from Port Stephens and cruise Nelson Bay to witness Humpback Whales and dolphins up close.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!