Kakadu 60 Minute Scenic Flight Ex Cooinda
Go flying over the World Heritage Listed Kakadu National Park
60 minute scenic flight from Cooinda
See Lightning Dreaming, Arnhem Land Plateau, floodplains and more
Listen to live and recorded informative commentary from your pilot
Marvel at the Arnhem Land Plateau from your window seat
Look down over the Yellow Water Billabong feeding into the tidal South Alligator River
- Please note that commencement and termination of Wet & Dry seasons are determined by the weather. If you are visiting in a transitional period E.G November/ May and you have your heart set on a certain flight path, it is best to contact the Kakadu team direct to confirm which flight path we are operating.
- 60 minute scenic flight in a fixed-wing aircraft
- Live and recorded commentary
- Guaranteed window seat
- There are 2 flight paths depending on the season you fly.
- Dry season (approx June - November) . Highlights include: Lightning Dreaming, Arnhem Land Plateau, Mt Brockman, Ranger Mine, Mecure Croc Hotel. South Alligator, Floodplains, Tributary and permanent Water Holes.
- Wet Season - (approx December - May) Highlights include: Jim Jim Falls, Twin falls, Double falls, Lightning Dreaming, Nourlangie Rock, Floodplains, Tributary and Permanent Water Holes.
- The flight duration is 60 minutes
- Operates seven days a week at 9am
- All flights require a check in 30 minutes prior to the advertised departure time
- If arrival is likely to be delayed please inform the experience provider urgently, as they may be able to offer alternative options
- Total tour time is approximately 60 Minutes.
- Please meet your Pilot in the reception area of Cooinda Lodge 30 minutes prior your flight.
What To Bring
- Dress in suitable clothes and enclosed footwear.
- Flights are subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, passengers will be given the option of an alternative time and/or date. In the instance that rescheduling is not a possibility, the experience cost will be returned as RedBalloon credit.
- All tours are sold on a per seat basis. All flights are confirmed with a minimum of two passengers unless otherwise stated. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative.
Terms And Conditions
- Weight limitation of 130kg per person (please advise if you are this weight)
- Children (4-14years old) must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants are free of charge if they are seated on someone's lap (please advise at the time of booking)
- All flight times are approximate and routes and flight paths may vary due to weather and traffic control or at the pilot’s discretion
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!