Darwin City Sightseeing Half Day Tour
- Half day tour
- Transfers from selected Darwin CBD hotels
- Experienced driver/guide
- Expert commentary
- Air-conditioned coach
- This afternoon’s tour showcases the booming city of Darwin, Australia’s only tropical capital city. Your Driver Guide will point out significant landmarks such as the Chinese Temple and East Point Military Precinct, and share details of the region’s history and rich culture
- This is one of the major aviation museums in Australia. The main display is a massive B-52 Bomber, on permanent loan from the United States Air Force, and is one of only two on public display in the world outside the USA. You can view some rare amateur footage of the first air-raid in Darwin, and also original footage from Japanese archives. In all, there are 19 aircraft on display, from Mirage and Sabre jet fighters to a Royal Australian Wessex helicopter. From Ross & Keith Smith to Bert Hinkler, from Amy Johnston to Dick Smith to the National Coastwatch service, aviation has played a major part in the development of the Northern Territory
- The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) is the Top End’s premier cultural and artistic organisation. MAGNT, opened in 1966 and in its current location since 1981, is home to internationally renowned artistic, cultural and scientific collections and research programs. You’ll get to see the largest permanent display of Aboriginal artwork in Australia as well as an eclectic range visiting exhibitions
- Established 130 years ago, the George Brown Botanic Gardens have survived numerous cyclones and the direct effects of World War Two. Because the site extends inland from the sea to a plateau, it provides a range of planting environments and is one of a few botanic gardens in the world which has marine and estuarine plants naturally in its grounds. Not only will you have the chance to see some unique and exotic plants but even some local wildlife
- Tours depart Wednesday and Saturday at 8.30am and return at 1.00pm
- Selected CBD hotels only.
- Companion card holders are entitled to a 50% discount, however the companion card must be presented at time of travel to validate. Please contact the tour operator directly to book in for your companion passenger. Once the booking has been made you will be sent a voucher with the tour operators details attached
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of tour
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!