Litchfield National Park Top End Day Trip from Darwin
Explore the famous cascading plunge pools of Florence Falls
Cool off in the pristine pools of Buley Rockhole or Wangi Falls
Uncover the spectacular hidden waterfalls of Litchfield National Park
Visit the century-old Magnetic Termite Mounds
Join the Jumping Crocodile Cruise (optional extra)
Stroll the diverse wetlands at Fogg Dam Conservation Centre
Tour Litchfield National Park to discover an enchanting world of secluded waterfalls, shallow plunge pools and giant termite mounds nestled in the forest. This guided tour from Darwin will showcase the natural beauty of the Northern Territory including plenty of free time to cool off in the famous Florence Falls, Buley Rockhole or Wangi Falls.
You’ll also have the opportunity to see crocodiles up close during an optional Adelaide River Jumping Crocodile Cruise or wander in the tranquil wetlands and spot the beautiful birds in Fogg Dam Conservation Reserve. Combining spectacular scenery and natural wilderness- this Litchfield National Park day tour is a brilliant way to experience stunning waterfalls, floodplains, sandstone pillars and wildlife all in one day!
- National Park entry fees
- Guided nature walk
- Accredited outback driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pickup and drop off
- Any meals not indicated
- Travel insurance recommended
- Personal expenses
- Swim in Litchfield National Park's best rock pools
- Explore the famous cascading plunge pools of Florence Falls, nestled in monsoon forest
- Cool off in shallow pristine pools of Buley Rockhole or Wangi Falls
- Spot Australian wildlife
- Enjoy breathtaking views, iconic magnetic termite mounds and crystal clear pools
- Visit the impressive century-old Magnetic Termite Mounds located in the Litchfield National Park
- Get your heart racing with an apex predator close encounter on the Adelaide River, onboard the spectacular Jumping Crocodile Cruise (optional extra)
- Stroll the diverse wetlands boardwalk at Fogg Dam Conservation Centre, a bird-watchers paradise
- The tour departs at 07.30am and returns at 6pm
- Operates: Tues, Wed, Fri (Apr) / Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat (May to Oct) / Wed, Fri (Nov to Mar)
- Tours depart from Travelodge Resort Darwin, 64 Cavenagh St, Darwin City
What To Bring
- Refillable water bottle - 1L
- Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
- Swimwear & towel
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- All weather clothing
- Tropical strength insect repellent
- Money for snack and meals
- Itineraries may vary to adapt to seasonal changes and occasionally spots in the parks close or do not allow swimming. As safety is the top priority we plan accordingly to ensure our guests have the most fun and best experience possible while on tour
- A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks
- Child policy 6 years old and over, not suitable for children 5 years old and under
- This terrain is not suitable for mobility impaired travellers, wheelchairs, walkers, prams or strollers. Limited storage space on-board 1 day bag per guest
- Please notify the provider of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking
- 100% full fare forfeiture for cancellations within 48 hours or failure to board
- 50% loss of ticket for cancellations within 3 to 7 days prior to departure
- Cancellation due to a Force Majeure Event: a 100% travel credit of monies paid for your trip; a refund minus unrecoverable costs
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!