2 Day Kakadu and East Alligator River Tour
Enjoy a Yellow Water Billabong Cruise
Explore Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park
Visit Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre
Guluyambi Cruise along East Alligator River
Return Airport and accommodation transfers
Detailed and informative commentary
- 2 Day Kakadu and East Alligator River Tour Departing Darwin
- Select option: no accommodation, budget, standard or superior accommodation
- Return airport transfers (flight details to be provided 14 days prior to travel)
- Return Darwin accomodation transfers
- Kakadu National Park Ticket
- Yellow Water Billabong Cruise and lunch (day 1)
- Guluyambi Cruise and lunch (day 2)
- Experienced driver guides
- Informative and detailed commentary
- Air-conditioned coach
- Kakadu Scenic Flight (50 minutes) from $250 per adult and $200 per child
- Superior Accommodation - Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel
Seasonal price variation
- Prices vary depending on seasons (subject to change). Please call to confirm the price for your preferred tour date
- High Season ($$) : May - November
- Low Season ($) : December - April
- Depart Darwin and travel along the Arnhem Highway and pass major river systems and wetland regions, into Kakadu National Park
- Aboriginal rock art dating back thousands of years, to the floodplains that are abundant with wildlife
- Visit Warradjan Cultural Centre to view the informative displays depicting the traditions of the Aboriginal people in Kakadu
- Join your local guide on a cruise of Yellow Water Billabong Cruise
- Search for saltwater crocodiles and the colourful range of birdlife for which this region is renowned
- After lunch, stop at Nourlangie, where your Driver Guide will lead you on a walk to view the rock art galleries
- Opportunity for an optional 50 minute scenic flight at own expense
- Join your Driver Guide this morning to explore the World Heritage Area of Ubirr
- Climb up through the ancient Aboriginal rock art galleries, believed to be 20,000 years old, to the lookout for the view over the surrounding wetlands
- You will then join the Guluyambi Cruise along the East Alligator River
- An Aboriginal guide will provide an insight into their culture, including local mythology, the river’s abundant food chain, as well as bush survival skills
- With special permission of the local people, you are able to go ashore in Arnhem Land
- Visit Bowali Visitor Centre before returning to Darwin, where your short break concludes
- Tour departs Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (May-Sep) and Monday & Thursday (Oct, Nov & Feb-Mar) at 6.30am from Darwin
- Day 2 - tour returns to Darwin approximately 7:30pm
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Water bottle
- Jacket in cooler months
- As this Short Break concludes at 7.30pm, it is recommended to pre-book accommodation for the night
- In April & November to March if weather conditions preclude access to East Alligator region, alternative touring will be arranged on day 2
- Prices are per person
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!