Kaikoura Ultimate Adventure Helicopter Flight - 80 Minutes
80 minute Whale Watch Helicopter Flight
Trained pilots to the highest standard
Alpine landings in spectacular locations
View the whale in its entirety and natural habitat
Incredible views of the scenery
See geological sites
- 80 Minute Helicopter Flight
- Introductory trip enabling you to enjoy the many marine wonders of the Kaikoura area
- Trained pilots to the highest standard with specific training
- You will be taken on a journey above one of New Zealand’s most unique areas
- Once you have spent time viewing the whales, relax and enjoy the flight back along the rugged coastline of Kaikoura
- Stunning vistas and photo opportunities of the Kaikoura Peninsula, Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, and the Pacific Ocean await you at every turn
- Flights operate daily at 12pm and 2pm (subject to weather and availability)
- Passengers require to check in 30 minutes prior to flight departure
- No flights on Christmas Day
- Please allow 80 minutes for this experience
- This experience takes place in Kaikoura, New Zealand.
- This experience departs from Kaikoura Airport, 617 State Highway 1 Peketā, Canterbury 7374
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- All whale watching flights are subject to suitable weather conditions
- Minimum 2 adults and maximum 6 pax per aircraft
- The maximum weight per passenger is 135kg
- Highly recommend bookings are made in advance to avoid disappointment
- Infants under the age of 2 years of age can travel free of charge IF (they can sit comfortably on an adults’ lap & weighs under 18kg’s). Limited to 1 infant per journey/experience
- Customers with limited mobility are most welcome, friends and family assistance is appreciated, must have the ability to move along a seat once lifted. An excellent way to see the whales, marine life & Kaikoura - maximise your time soaring above it all
- Flights are subject to minimum passenger numbers and our aircraft have specific weight restrictions (all passengers and/or equipment will be weighed as a 'combined weight')
- All flights/journeys are subject to change or cancellation due to weather conditions. We will work with you to reschedule your flight for another day
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!