Abel Tasman National Park Full Scenic Cruise
View world-famous Split Apple Rock
New Zealand Fur Seals
Golden sands and the turquoise waters
Good opportunities for wildlife encounters
See the best of the Abel Tasman
FREE bus transfers from Nelson (9am only)
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip. Departing several times throughout the day, you can sit back and enjoy a relaxed cruise around the park visiting some of its most popular and most beautiful sights. While on board you will also receive a complimentary hot drink as well as the chance to purchase various snacks and drinks.
For 3 to 4 hours, you’ll be taken past the world-famous Split Apple Rock, a colony of New Zealand Fur Seals, golden sandy beaches and vibrant turquoise waters of the region’s beautiful beaches and bays such as Anchorage, Bark Bay, Tonga Quarry, Awaroa and Totaranui Beach.
While on board you will receive commentary to learn about the region and its local inhabitants. The short duration of this cruise makes it an ideal outing for visitors of all ages and is one of the best ways to experience Abel Tasman National Park while also encountering some of the local wildlife.
- 3-4 Hour cruise
- FREE bus transfers from Nelson and Motueka (9:00am sailing only)
- Hotel transfers
- Experience the majority of the Abel Tasman National Park with good opportunities for wildlife encounters
- View world-famous Split Apple Rock
- New Zealand Fur Seals
- Golden sands and the turquoise waters of Anchorage, Bark Bay, Tonga Quarry, Awaroa and Totaranui Beach
- Enjoy a comprehensive commentary from our guides and watch the comings and goings of the park
- Cruises depart at 9am and 12.40pm all year round
- 10.30am departure is also available from 15th of October to 30th of April
- 2.30pm departure also available from 1st December to 31st March
- FREE bus transfers from Nelson and Motueka for 9:00am sailing. Bus departs at 4:30pm, giving you time at Kaiteriteri after your cruise
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Visit the relaxation haven of Hanmer Springs with your choice of two great value passes and let the powers of thermal water cleanse your body and soul.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!