Christchurch Adventure Park Chairlift
The longest chairlift in New Zealand
At 1.8km long chairlift experience
Views of the city and out to the Pacific Ocean
Fantastic photo opportunities
Background views of the Southern Alps
- A return chairlift pass, the 1.8km journey offers sights of the lush native fauna and breathtaking panoramic views
- Dismount at the top of the chairlift, enjoy a short walk and enjoy views of the city, the Pacific Ocean and the Southern Alps
- The chair comfortably accommodates four people
- The chairlift operates from 12pm until 7pm
- There is no need to book a chairlift time, simply arrive at the base station during operational hours where you will embark the lift
- The chairlift is a 10 minute journey in each direction
- 225 Worsleys Road, Cracroft, Christchurch
What To Bring
- Closed toe shoes
- A full paying adult must accompany children 12 years and under or any child under 120cm
- Children under 10 years are free when accompanied by a full paying adult
- Children under 4 are unable to ride the chair due to safety requirements
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Visit the relaxation haven of Hanmer Springs with your choice of two great value passes and let the powers of thermal water cleanse your body and soul.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!