40 Minute Mt Cook Scenic Helicopter Flight
40 Minute Scenic helicopter flight
Fly over Mt Cook and Tasman Glacier
Informative pilot commentary
Alpine landing in the snow
Experience the Burnett Mountains
- 40 Minute Scenic Flight Over Mt Cook Including Snow Landing
- Be thrilled by an alpine landing in the snow
- Informative pilot commentary
- Experience the remoteness of the Burnett Mountains and the expansive Mackenzie Basin below you
- Icefall on Aoraki/Mount Cook
- Flights operate daily at 9am, 12pm and 3pm except Christmas Day 25 December
- Flight times are subject to change with weather and availability. Please contact the operator once the booking has been made (details will be on your voucher) to confirm your departure time
- Location: Departs from and returns to The Helicopter Line Base, Glentanner Park, Mount Cook National Park. Check in 30 minutes prior to your departure time
- 40 minute total trip duration including snow landing
What To Bring
- Covered shoes
- Warm clothing
- Leggings or light trousers
- Your flight is subject to favourable weather conditions; if cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- We recommend booking your flights early in your trip with flexibility for weather changes. We don’t want you to miss out!
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Grab a ticket to the best wildlife park in New Zealand's West Coast region - the West Coast Wildlife Centre - and see NZ's iconic bird, the Kiwi, up close! Free for kids under 5 years of age.
Swim with Dolphins with Black Cat Cruises in Akaroa near Christchurch. An unforgettable natural encounter with the world's friendliest Hector's Dolphins.
If the Abel Tasman National Park is in your must-see list then a scenic cruise through the region is your ideal trip.
Take a ride on this adventure park chairlift to see beautiful native flora and fauna and panoramic views of Christchurch city, Pacific Ocean and the Alps. Suitable for 4+ years old.
Take a nature cruise around the pristine waters of Akaroa, see the rare, New Zealand Hector’s Dolphin, the world’s smallest dolphin, fur seals and penguins! Free for children under the age of 5 years.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!