Thunderball Shipwreck Jet Ski Tour
The only guided jet ski tour in Darwin
Fully supervised at all times by our guides
Cruise amongst the ocean grave & twisted metal below the surface
No previous jet ski experience necessary
Guides provide the lowdown & history of the shipwrecks
Darwin's Shipwrecks represent one of Australia's largest heritage sites
Explore Australia’s largest heritage site on this 60 minute Darwin jet ski tour touring a world of ocean graves and sunken warships. Led by professional guides, you’ll discover a piece of Darwin’s history out on the water.
As a keystone of WWII history, Darwin is the location of sunken warships bombed by planes in 1942. The treacherous waters were also no match for fishing trawlers during Cyclone Tracey in 1974, many of which now lay on the Darwin seabed. Jump on this 60 minute Darwin jet ski tour for a unique tour of the coastal location in Adelaide combining sightseeing and history. Tours depart daily from 8.45 am.
- Thrilling jet Ski adventure
- Informative and entertaining commentary by qualified tour guide
- Sea turtles, seabirds and dolphins are often encountered on tours
- Lifejackets & sunscreen provided
- All photos of your tour provided free of charge on Facebook
- Hotel Pickup and drop off
- Cruise among Darwin's Shipwrecks represent one of Australia's largest heritage sites
- Explore the world of ocean graves and twisted metal that exists under the surface
- Professional guides provide the lowdown and history of the sunken warships bombed during WWII
- Spot fishing trawlers scattered on the Seabed of Darwin buried by Cyclone Tracey in 1974
- Only guided jet ski tour company in Darwin
- Thorough safety briefing and demonstrations provided by qualified tour guides
- Tour departs daily at 8.45am and you must meet your guide 15 minutes prior to your tour start time.
- Tour time is 60 minutes (Approx.)
- Dock 1, Stokes Hill wharf (opposite Indo Pacific Marine)
What To Bring
- Casual clothes
- Sunglasses with head strap
- Price is based on 1 adult per jet ski and additional passengers are $59
- Requirements of riders:
- Riders must be able to understand English
- Must be able to swim wearing a lifejacket
- Minimum passenger age of 10
- Minimum driver age – 16 years
- Above average fitness level and confidence in open waters
- Weight restrictions apply, maximum of 2 people per jet ski or 200kg per jet ski
- Must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Big smiles and sense of adventure
- Minimum of 24 hours’ notice prior to departure date
- Within 24 hours – no refund and reschedule not permitted
- 48 hrs - 24 hrs – 50% cancellation fee, reschedule permitted
- 72 hrs – 48 hrs – 25% cancellation fee, reschedule permitted
- 72 hrs or over – 5% cancellation fee, reschedule permitted
- Bookings may be rescheduled subject to availability. All group bookings require a 7-day notice prior to departure for cancellation
- Should it be necessary for the supplier to cancel due to circumstances beyond their control, a full refund will be made to the customer if rescheduling is not possible
- Failure to turn up to your tour on time or not at all will result in you losing your booking in full and no rescheduling will be available without full payment of new booking
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!