Nitmiluk Gorge Canoe Hire - Half Day
Discover the beauty of Nitmiluk Gorge by canoe
Enjoy a boat ride to the first gorge to start your canoe adventure
Go at your own pace and come across some stunning swimming or picnic spots
Option to canoe to the second gorge if you're feeling adventurous
Admire the beautiful scenery, unique wildlife and lush gardens
Boat transfer to departure point
- Half-day self-guided canoe tour
- Life jackets
- Double-ended paddle
- Boat transfer to the departure point
- This experience is approximately 4.5 hours in duration
- Available seven days per week
- AM experience: 8am-12:30pm
- PM experience: 1pm-5:30pm
- Typically operates between June to November annually only
- All guests are asked to be at the jetty 30 minutes prior to departure
What To Bring
- It is recommended to bring a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, drinking water, snacks, suitable enclosed footwear and dry bags.
- This experience is not suitable for participants with mobility issues.
- All canoe tours require a $50.00 pre-authorisation or refundable cash deposit per canoe at the time of registration.
Terms And Conditions
- Children under the age of 5 years (inclusive) are not permitted to canoe due to safety regulations and children 6-12 years (inclusive) must be accompanied by an adult
- High fitness level is required; this tour is not suitable for guests with mobility issues
- Please wear appropriate footwear and be aware of your surroundings all the time
- Portages will vary in difficulty depending on river levels
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!