Kakadu National Park 60 Minute Flight Ex Jabiru
Enjoy aeriel views over the World Heritage Listed Kakadu National Park
Passing the Ranger Uranium Mine across to Dinosaur Valley
Fly through Upper East Alligator Valley viewing deep fault lines
See picturesque ancient land formations from your window seat
Look out for salt water crocodiles sunning on the banks of the river
Spectacular views of the World Heritage Listed Kakadu National Park
- The minimum number of guests to conduct this tour is two. Single traveller bookings may be accepted on a "to be confirmed" basis - contact Kakadu Air directly on 1800 089 113 if you would like to make a single person booking. We will contact you closer to the date of your tour either to confirm the booking or to offer alternate options in the event of insufficient numbers for your desired date.
- Live and recorded commentary
- 60 minute scenic flight in a fixed-wing aircraft
- Guaranteed window seat
- Kakadu enjoys two major climatic seasons, the "Wet" and the "Dry" season. The 60 minute flight takes two different flight paths depending on the time of year you choose to fly:
- Dry Season (approx June - November) Passing the Ranger Uranium Mine across to Dinosaur Valley, fly through Upper East Alligator Valley viewing deep fault lines, view the outliers created from erosion, then follow the twists and turns of the stunning East Alligator River. Don't be surprised to see salt water crocodiles sunning on the banks of the river. Turning home, we fly over the mosaic Magela floodplains, with one last view of Jabiru Town to see the famous Crocodile Hotel.
- Wet Season - (approx December - May) Heading south,passing the Ranger Uranium Mine, fly across Mt Brockman and along the escarpment to “Lightning Dreaming". After crossing Deaf Adder Gorge, we take in the beautiful Double Falls, a spectacular waterfall in Kakadu. Fly across the Arnhem Plateau until it drops away to reveal breathtaking Jim Jim and Twin Falls.
- The flight duration is 60 minutes
- Operates seven days a week at 9am
- All flights require a check in 30 minutes prior to the advertised departure time
- If arrival is likely to be delayed please inform the experience provider urgently, as they may be able to offer alternative options
- The tour departs from the Jabiru Airport
What To Bring
- Dress in suitable clothes and enclosed footwear.
- Flights are subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, passengers will be given the option of an alternative time and/or date. In the instance that rescheduling is not a possibility, the experience cost will be returned as RedBalloon credit.
- All tours are sold on a per seat basis. All flights are confirmed with a minimum of two passengers unless otherwise stated. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative.
Terms And Conditions
- Weight limitation of 130kg per person (please advise if you are this weight)
- Children (4-14years old) must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants are free of charge if they are seated on someone's lap (please advise at the time of booking)
- All flight times are approximate and routes and flight paths may vary due to weather and traffic control or at the pilot’s discretion
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!