Darwin Royal Flying Doctor Service
Admission to Royal Flying Doctor Service
Learn about Bombing of Darwin Harbour
Heroic tales of the birth & growth of the RFDS
Virtual Reality of the bombing of Darwin Harbour
Includes headset audio translation
History of the Royal Flying Doctor Service
- General Admission to Darwin Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Provides an insight into the history of the the Bombing of Darwin Harbour and Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Experience and learn through the wonder of technology
- Lean about iconic story the Bombing of Darwin Harbour
- Enjoy the heroic tales of the birth and growth of the RFDS
- Relive the drama of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that rocked Australia in 1942
- Includes headset audio translation in Japanese, German, French and Simplified Chinese
- Many of the experiences and stories are learnt through the most modern and exciting technology
- Virtual Reality of the bombing of Darwin Harbour
- Self-guided tours - friendly staff available to assist and answer any questions
- The bombing of the harbour brought destruction to the city of Darwin
- Insight on the medical operations in the Northern Territory in 1939
- Learn about the history and the activities of the RFDS’s pilots, engineers, doctors and nurses, and the experiences of the patients
- First iconic story is the Royal Flying Doctor Service known throughout Australia as the RFDS
- Life size hologram of John Flynn the Founder of the Flying Doctor Service tells his story of the birth and growth of the RFDS. Includes headset audio translation in Japanese, German, French and Simplified Chinese
- Touchscreen Portals allow the visitor to learn about the history and the activities of the RFDS pilots, engineers, doctors and nurses
- Life size hologram of Rear Admiral Etheridge Grant was the Commanding Officer of the USS William B Preston narrates his own version of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour
- Meet Prime Minister John Curtin and Japanese Pilot Hajime Toyoshima who answer selected questions from a touch panel
- Window of 1942 and aerial view of the Bombing of Darwin Harbour that comes to life showing the bombing and aircraft fire of the first raid
- Story Boards that provide very informative reading and pictures of what took place on February 19th 1942
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Darwin is located at 45 Stokes Hill Road, Darwin City, 0800
- Opens Monday to Sunday 9.30am - 6pm (last entry 5pm)
- Public Holidays 10am - 3pm (last entry 2pm)
- Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday
- Allow 1 - 2 hours to enjoy the exhibit
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of entry
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!