Darwin Scenic Helicopter Flight - 40 Minutes
Take to the skies for a 40 minute scenic helicopter flight
Fly over rugged red cliffs, white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters
Unmatched views of the Top End
See Darwin city and its surrounds from a birds-eye view
Flight path over the Cox Peninsula, Charles Point Lighthouse and Talc Head
Superb photographic opportunities of Darwin city and dazzling coastline from above
Take to the skies on this 40 minute Darwin scenic helicopter flight for a bird's eye view of the city, sparkling harbour and stunning Cox Peninsula. Departing from the Darwin Aviation Museum, guests are welcomed aboard for a magical helicopter tour soaring over the harbour. Have the camera ready to capture the colourful coastline, red rock cliffs, white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters below.
The extended 40 minute Darwin helicopter tour will also take in the sights of the Charles Point lighthouse, Talc Head and the magnetic termite mounds found in the outback before returning to base in Darwin. Only with a scenic helicopter flight over Darwin can you enjoy unrivalled views of the city and stunning coastline. Begin the adventure and book online here.
- 40 minute scenic helicopter flight
- Professional pilot
- This experience is 40 minutes in duration
- Available daily at 5 pm
- Image credit: Tourism NT and Daniel Tran.
- Minimum of two participants for the flight to proceed.
- During the wet season, there may be rain forecast for the day of your tour. You will be contacted on the day of your tour to advise if it is still able to proceed. They can fly around small storms and in very light rain. If there is widespread, heavy rain they will try to reschedule where possible.
- Please ensure you check that the passenger weights provided are accurate so that the helicopter will be loaded according to their specifications and CASA regulations. You and your baggage will be weighed on the day to determine an accurate take off weight. Any group or person that exceeds the weights indicated will be unable to begin their tour and will not be entitled to a refund.
Terms And Conditions
- An infant under the age of three years only may sit on a parent or guardian's lap (with an infant restraint) at no extra charge
- Two children (between the age of 3-13 years old) may occupy one passenger seat under the single restraint, provided they can be seated comfortably and do not exceed the combined weight of 77kg and fly for the price of one
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!