Arnhem Land Day Tour from Darwin or Jabiru
Arnhemland (Aboriginal Lands)
Traditional Aboriginal Guide
See the women weaving baskets
Injalak Art and Craft Centre
- Courtesy hotel pick-ups
- Small personalised tour group in air-conditioned vehicle
- All permits and royalties to enter Aboriginal Lands
- Lunch (vegetarians and Coeliacs catered for on request)
- Aboriginal Lands (Arnhemland) access to this area is restricted to a select group of tour operators
- A traditional Aboriginal guide will show you excellent examples of rock art on Injalak Hill (Long Tom Dreaming), this area has some of the best rock art examples in Western Arnhem Land and some say Australia
- Injalak Art & Craft Centre
- See the women weaving pandanus baskets
- Towering escarpments
- Living culture
- Beautiful billabongs and panoramic vistas
- Tours depart Monday to Saturday, May to October
- Departs Darwin Accommodation at approximately 5.15am and returns to Darwin at approximately 7.30pm, from Aurora Kakadu, South Alligator at 8am
- Departs Jabiru Accommodation at approximately 8.30am and returns to Jabiru at approximately 4.30pm
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words 'hotel not known' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
What To Bring
- Comfortable closed in walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Light, comfortable clothing
- Any medication or personal requirements
- Money for souvenirs
- Please note that these day tours involve walking over uneven surfaces & sandy rocks. Extreme care needs to be taken and a level of agility is required to enjoy and make the most of these tours. Suitable for active people
- Access to Arnhemland is by invitation by the local Aboriginal people, and the traditional owners may deny access at any time
- Injalak Arts & Crafts centre is closed on Sundays, some public holidays and very occasionally for ceremonial reasons
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Pack your bags for an adventure! Explore Jim Jim Falls, the tallest waterfall in Kakadu. Monsoon forest hikes, exotic wildlife, great memories & more!
Florence Falls are perfect for swimming & exploring. Experience the beauty of Litchfield National Park with your kids, just a 2-hour drive from Darwin
Be introduced to the world’s largest display of Australian reptiles and some of the largest Saltwater Crocodiles in the world, right in the heart of Darwin.
Discover Katherine’s fascinating underground tropical cave system, the Cutta Cutta Caves on a one hour walking tour packed with interesting commentary.
The full day Wetland Cruise Tour from Darwin includes return hotel transfers, 2.5 hour lunch cruise with an experienced guide.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!