Kaituna River Rafting and Mud Bath Combo
Grade 5 rafting experience on the Kaituna River
Feel the rush as you conquer 14 epic rapids
World's highest commercially rafted waterfall
Relax and rejuvenate at Hell's Gate Mud Spa
20 minute mud bath session
Access to the sulphur spas and plunge pools
Relish in the ultimate combination of adventure and relaxation with the Kaituna River Rafting and Mud Baths Combo in Rotorua. Conquer the Grade 5 Kaituna River on a 50 minute rafting expedition, before sinking into the revitalising mud baths at Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve, located just 15 minutes down the road. This combo is self drive only, so you must be able to make your own way between activities.
Start your day with an exhilarating Grade 5 river rafting experience on the famous Kaituna River, known for its thrilling rapids and stunning scenery. Navigate down a total of 11 rapids and three waterfalls, including the mighty seven metre Tutea Falls, known as the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall. Feel the adrenaline rush as you conquer the river with the help of experienced and friendly Kaituna Cascades rafting guides. This unforgettable Rotorua rafting adventure is perfect for both beginners and experienced rafters alike!
After your adrenaline-pumping river rafting Rotorua adventure, it's time to unwind and rejuvenate at the renowned Hell's Gate Mud Spa Rotorua. Soak up the healing powers of the natural geothermal mud and mineral waters, lathering yourself in the therapeutic mud and letting it nourish your skin. Your pass also includes access to the soothing sulphur spas and plunge pools, which you can enjoy while surrounded by a unique geothermal landscape. This portion of the Kaituna River Rafting and Mud Bath Combo includes 20 minutes in the mud baths and as much time as you like to enjoy the other pools.
The Kaituna Rafting and Mud Bath Combo offers the perfect balance of adventure and relaxation, allowing you to experience the best of Rotorua's natural wonders. Whether you're seeking an adrenaline rush or a tranquil escape, this hot combo has it all. Don't miss the chance to explore the thrilling Kaituna River and indulge in the luxurious Hell's Gate Mud Spa.
- 50 minute Grade 5 white water rafting experience
- 1.5 - 2 hour Hell's Gate Mud Bath and Sulphur Spa experience
- Professional rafting guides
- All rafting and safety equipment, such as wetsuits, booties, lifejackets and splash jackets
- Please allow three hours for the entire experience
- Rafting departs daily at 9am, 11:45am and 2:30pm
- Hell's Gate opening times: everyday from 10am to 6pm (last entry 4.30pm)
- The rafting base is located on the banks of the Kaituna River at 18 Okere Falls. Arrive early and take a stroll down the beautiful Okere Falls Scenic Reserve walking track. With multiple viewing platforms of the river, and its many waterfalls, it’s the perfect pre-rafting activity!
- Hell's Gate is only 15 minutes away at 351 State Highway 30 Tikitere, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
What To Bring
- Please bring a towel and swimwear for the rafting. It is recommended to bring an old pair of swimwear for the hot pool as the sulfur smell can be difficult to rinse out.
- This experience will go ahead in most weather conditions
Terms And Conditions
- Participants must be 13 years of age or older
- Recommended maximum weight limit of 120kg. A reasonable level of fitness is required
- Transfers from Rotorua are available, please advise the provider your desired pickup location
- You will receive your hot pool pass after the rafting tour. Reservations are not required
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Change your booking up to 48 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 48 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Explore and discover Waimangu Volcanic Valley near Rotorua in New Zealand on a combined walk and boat cruise of the areas geothermal and cultural highlights
Visit 2 of Auckland's best attractions with this great value combo pass into SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium and Auckland Zoo.
Located on the bank of the Wairoa River, Waimarino Adventure Park is a haven for all things recreational - book your admission to the park online today! Free entry for children under 5 years of age.
Buy tickets to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium in New Zealand - home of the sub-antarctic penguins and more - online at great prices here.
Explore Waitomo's three main cave systems with this bundle package combining the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Cave for one great price. Free for kids under 4 years.
Enjoy a day out on the water cruising the pristine Bay of Islands coastline during this five-hour dolphin and wildlife cruise from Tauranga.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!