Wombat Bend is an inclusive playground for children of all ages and abilities. Surrounded by many trees and native plants, Wombat Bend is a great spot for kids to learn more about Australian flora and fauna. Kids are inspired to interact with the natural environment in a fun, creative and safe space.
Wombat Bend offers many activities for kids of all ages and abilities. For adventurous kids, there's the maze and flying fox. For creative ones, there's the build-your-own cubby house activity. And for the curious, there are sensory activities and mosaics.
Wombat Bend is fully fenced so that kids can run freely inside along the pathways and native forest walk.
The trees naturally provide lots of shade, however, don't forget to stay Sun Smart on sunny days.
If your kids ride skateboards and scooters, it would be better to use them on the shared path just outside Wombat Bend.
Wombat Bend's play features and equipment include:
- Flying fox (with harnesses for safety)
- Carousel (with harnesses for safety and access for various abilities)
- Swings (some with harnesses for safety and access for various abilities)
- Native forest walk
- Climbing cube
- Two double slides (without steps)
- Sound recordings and scented plants
- Sensory activities (including funny mirrors)
- Drinking fountains
- BBQ facilities
- Picnic tables and seating
Almost all play areas contain soft flooring.