Williamstown beach is one of the most accessible beaches in Australia and the closest accessible beach to Melbourne CBD.
Hobsons Bay City Council provides beach matting that reaches to the shoreline and available seven days a week.
Free-to-hire beach wheelchairs are available on Saturdays and Sundays during surf lifesaving club patrol hours (12 pm to 5 pm).
There are two types of beach wheelchairs available for hire:
- Sandpiper. Suitable for children to travel on the sand along the beach
- MobiChair. Designed to enter the water to waist height of the support person.
The beach matting and wheelchair are located at the western part of the beach at the Williamstown Swimming & Life Saving Club.
Bookings for your free-to-use wheelchairs are available by contacting Council’s Metro Access and Inclusion Officer by:
- Phone: 9932 1000, 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday or
- Email: email@example.com.
LOCATION FACILITIES AND OPERATING DATES:
- Standard operating dates: 3 December - 26 March
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible shower
- Accessible change room
- Accessible parking
- Lead up pathways
- Hoist is available
- There is no hoist available at Williamstown Beach.
For more information, please visit the Hobsons Bay City Council website: