Sydney Aquarium Shark Dive Xtreme
What you need to know
Have you ever wanted to see sharks up close? You can now have a close encounter with endangered Grey Nurse Sharks on a shark dive at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and no experience is necessary! In a safe environment, you will receive scuba training before your dive into the 1.5 million litre oceanarium. After the pool session, your guide will give you a 30 minute tour of the shark tunnels to see these fascinating creatures in their environment. The Grey Nurse Sharks range from 1-3 metres and are free to swim around you in the oceanarium. There are no cages to separate you- you will be in their domain under the watchful guidance of your scuba dive guide. You will encounter 4 species of sharks, including a colony of Grey Nurse Sharks as well as a number of giant stingrays, fish and more.
The experience lasts 2.5 hours including the scuba diving safety briefing and time in the water with the marine creatures. All dive gear and wetsuits are provided but you are welcome to bring your own mask and wetsuit if you prefer. All divers must be able to speak English and have a reasonable level of fitness and swimming ability. You must also pass the scuba diving medical check. The minimum age to participate is 14 years old and 4 sessions are held each day between 8am and 6.30pm.
Don’t miss out on this popular experience. Book your SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium Shark Dive today!
- This experience is currently unavailable till further notice
How It Works
- Vouchers must be printed and presented at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- All divers must be the age of 14 years and over
- Divers MUST be able to speak English (for health and safety reasons non-English speakers are unable to dive with sharks)
- Do not drink alcohol the night before you dive
- Do not fly in an aircraft within 24 hours after your dive
- Divers must be able to lift and walk with approx 35kg
- Divers must be in good health
- Some medical restrictions apply
- All non-certified divers are required to complete medical declaration on the day
- 30 minute Shark Dive at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium with sharks, giant stingrays and more!
- General Admission to SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- Introduction to Scuba Diving’ briefing and pool skills session (approx 90 minutes)
- All dive gear and wetsuits
- Guides to lead you to the sharks
- Meet other Sydney local marine life including Grey Nurse Sharks, huge stingrays and hundreds of amazing sea creatures
- Every diver receives a certificate of achievement - You dived and survived!
- Shark dives operate daily from Monday to Sunday with 4 sessions running per day
- Weekday shark dives operate daily at 11am, 1.30pm and 4pm and weekend shark dives operate at 8.30am, 11am, 1.30pm and 4pm
- Divers need to arrive at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium for their dive brief at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled shark dive time
- Operating hours are subject to change without notice
- Please allow 2.5 hours for the total experience
- Aquarium Wharf, Darling Harbour, Sydney, 2000
What To Bring
- If you have your own mask and full-length wetsuit please feel free to bring them along
- All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or over)
- This product is not refundable or transferable, with a 100% cancellation fee
Terms And Conditions
- Divers must arrive at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium for a dive brief at least 30 minutes prior to their selected time
- Late arrival or non-attendance will result in non admittance to the dive session. Missing your scheduled time is non-refundable
- All dive experiences are non-refundable, however your voucher can be transferred to another person
- SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium will refuse admittance to any person who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or behaving badly in an offensive or uncooperative manner
- Personal underwater cameras are not permitted on Shark Dive Xtreme
- It is recommended that if customers have a current medical condition, ill health or are pregnant they do not participate in the shark dive due to possible health risk
- A medical questionnaire must be completed and returned no later than 14 days prior to the dive
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.