Aboriginal Heritage Sydney Walking Tour - 90 Minutes
90 minute Aboriginal heritage walking tour
Explore Sydney's Aboriginal Dreamtime culture
See Sydney from a new perspective
Knowledgable Aboriginal guide
Local Aboriginal greeting
Learn the spoken language and Dreamtime story
Explore Sydney’s Aboriginal Dreamtime culture and connection to the modern new world city during a fascinating 90 minute walking tour with local guides. Develop an understanding of the ancient Dreamtime as it applies to the Indigenous culture and identity. The leisurely walk takes place in The Rocks in Sydney, one of the most historic parts of Sydney where participants will uncover the authentic history of the Aboriginal people’s saltwater heritage within Sydney Harbour, their land and spiritual connection to the waterways.
Hear the language spoken and take part in a cultural ceremony that acknowledges Mother Earth. Drawing upon generations of knowledge, legendary stories and folklore, guides will pass on their ancient wisdom to help visitors and locals see Sydney from a whole new perspective. This is the perfect introduction to the living Aboriginal Dreamtime Cultural Heritage of Sydney suitable for locals and visitors alike. Bring your walking shoes for this must do Sydney tour.
- 90 minute Aboriginal heritage walking tour
- Knowledgeable Aboriginal guides
- Local Aboriginal greeting
- Learn some of the language spoken
- Learn about the story of Aboriginal DreamTime, it’s origin, history and culture
- Understanding the connection between modern Sydney and the Aboriginal Dreaming
- Opportunity to handle cultural objects and materials
- This experience starts at 10.30 am
- Please allow 90 minutes for this experience
- This experience is located in The Rocks, Sydney
- This experience departs from 110 George St, Cadmans Cottage, Sydney CBD, NSW 2000
What To Bring
- As this is an outdoor tour, comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and a hat, and a bottle of water are recommended
- Wet weather gear will be necessary on rainy days
- Face masks may be required while Covid 19 is a risk - please bring one
- During the Covid 19 pandemic, numbers are limited to 9. Maximum group size is usually 25 people
- The tour is an all-nature activity ‘rain is cultural for Aboriginal people’
- The tour is suited to local, domestic and international travellers
- In addition this tour is also suited to families and educational groups
- No cancellations will be accepted due to weather
- Change your experience up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Early Birds: $65 (until 17 Dec). Summer holiday activities: 18 Dec 2023 - 31 Jan 2024
Summer holiday activities: 18 Dec 2023 - 31 Jan 2024
School Holiday Camps: 08-12 Jan; 15-19 Jan; 22-25 Jan 2024
Summer holiday activities: 02 - 25 January 2024. Use your Creative Kids Voucher
Summer holiday activities: 18 December - 29 January 2024
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!