Ziptrek Kereru Tour
Experience the thrill of 2 ziplines & a 21 metre drop
Walk through Queenstown's iconic Tiki Trail
Climbing harness & helmet provided
Learn about the local environment & Queenstown
Discover the story of Zealandia
1 hour tour of ziplining
- 2 x ziplines and 21 metre drop
- 10 minute walk along Queenstown's Tiki Trail
- Climbing harness and helmet
- The Skyline Gondola pass is not included in this experience.
- Discover the story of Zealandia and Ziptrek's preservation of their natural landscapes
- Gain unique insight into the surrounding local environment and Queenstown
- Experience the thrill of 2 amazing ziplines and an incredible 21-metre drop
- Tackle Queenstown's iconic Tiki Trail via a 10-minute uphill walk through
- Climbing harness and helmet provided
- Please allocate in notes if you'd like a morning or afternoon time slot - this will be confirmed directly by the supplier
- Check-in time is 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time
- Please allow 40-60 minutes from the base of the Gondola to the Ziptrek Tree-house if travelling by Gondola; or if walking up the Tiki Trail, allow 60-90 minutes
- 1 hour
Can I watch the tour?
- Guests will have the ability to accompany their friends and family to the Ziptrek Guest Services Tree-house. Once guests have checked in, there will not be an option for spectators to view the tour
Can I bring a backpack?
- You will not be able to bring a backpack or any other baggage on tour with you. You will be wearing a full body harness and backpacks will interfere with this harness. We recommend you leave your personal belongings at your hotel or at our camp street booking office in town. A small item storage, however, is available at the Tree-house
Can I bring a camera?
- Yes, if you have a camera or small video recording device you can bring it with you. We recommend they have a wrist or neck strap so that you can attach it to yourself when zipping
Can I go on Ziptrek if I am pregnant?
- Pregnant guests may not participate in Ziptrek tours for their own safety and the safety of their unborn child
What To Bring
- As it is a few degrees cooler in the forest, we recommend that you dress with warm layers and for the conditions of the day
- During the winter months, gloves, hats, and warm coats are recommended
- Closed toe footwear is essential
- If you have a camera or small video recording device you can bring it with you
- Ziptrek's Guest Services Tree-house is situated just past the Helipad, 100 metres to the left of the Skyline Gondola Upper Terminal, at the edge of the treeline
- Tiki Walking Trail walk will be uphill for up to 10 minutes
- Please note vehicle access is for emergency use only
- The minimum age to participate on this tour is 6 years old
- The minimum weight limit to participate is 20kgs (44lbs)
- The maximum weight of a guest is 125kg (275lbs)
- Children (6-14yrs) must be accompanied on tour by a parent or guardian (someone at least 15 years of age)
- Please allow a minimum of 1 hr to upload during busy periods such as Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year and School holidays
- Please click here to view the trail map
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!