Jetboat and Wilderness Walk
Matukituki Valley Wanaka
NZ's most spectacular ice carved landscape
Moss covered forest
Waterfalls and glacier fed streams
- Stunning scenic shuttle drive around the shores of Lake Wanaka to the Matukituki River
- 1hr Jetboat Ride
- 50 minute wilderness walk
- Deep into the Matukituki Valley
- Jet boating adventure in New Zealand beneath the breathtaking scenery of mountains and glaciers
- Lord of the Rings and Hobbit locations, into World Heritage Mount Aspiring National Park
- 50 minute walk into real New Zealand wilderness through moss covered forest, waterfalls and glacier fed streams
- Walk in awe beneath Avalanche Glacier when conditions permit, hear the stories of this unique ice carved landscape
- Departs from outside i-SITE- 99 Ardmore Street Wanaka, long term car parking on the edge of the lake opposite the big, green parkland
What To Bring
- Warm jacket
- Sturdy footwear
- Water and Snacks if required
- Overcoats for the jet boat will be provided (if required)
- Child- age 4-15 years inclusive
- Adult- 16 years +
- Not suitable for <under 4years
- Women less than 6 months are welcome to join the trip
- The walk is relatively flat, suitable for mostly everybody
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!