Ziptrek Kea Tour
What you need to know
- 6 x ziplines over 2.5-3 hours
- 20 minute downhill walk through native beech forest
- Climbing harness and helmet
- The Skyline Gondola pass is not included and can be purchased online here
- Although the Kea Tour finishes at the bottom of the hill, a return Gondola ticket is still required, there is no one way option
- Travel at up to speeds of 70kph as you drop 30 storeys in 10 seconds
- Learn about the environment of the local area and Maori mythology
- Marvel at breathtaking lake and mountain views
- Tackle the world's steepest tree to tree zipline
- Experience the thrill of 6 incredible ziplines
- Climbing harness and helmet provided
- Tours operate at 10.20am, daily. (Afternoon tours and additional times available on request). Subject to change
- Check in time is 15 minutes before the tour is scheduled to start at the Ziptrek Tree-house
- Please allow 60 minutes from the base of the Gondola to the Ziptrek Tree-house
- 3 hours
Can I watch the tour?
- Guests will have the ability to accompany their friends and family to the Ziptrek Guest Services Tree-house. Once guests have checked in, there will not be an option for spectators to view the tour
Can I bring a backpack?
- You will not be able to bring a backpack or any other baggage on tour with you. You will be wearing a full body harness and backpacks will interfere with this harness. We recommend you leave your personal belongings at your hotel or at our camp street booking office in town.
Can I bring a camera?
- Yes, if you have a camera or small video recording device you can bring it with you. We recommend they have a wrist or neck strap so that you can attach it to yourself when zipping
Can I go on Ziptrek if I am pregnant?
- Pregnant guests may not participate in Ziptrek tours for their own safety and the safety of their unborn child
What To Bring
- As it is a few degrees cooler in the forest, we recommend that you dress with warm layers and for the conditions of the day
- During the winter months, gloves, hats and warm coats are required
- Closed toe footwear is essential on both tours
- If you have a camera or small video recording device you can bring it with you
- Ziptrek's Guest Services Tree-house is situated just past the Helipad, 100 metres to the left of the Skyline Gondola Upper Terminal
- Please note no vehicle access to Ziptrek Treehouse
- The minimum age to participate in a Ziptrek tour is 6 years of age
- The minimum weight limit to participate in a Ziptrek Ecotour is 30kg (65lbs)
- Guests under 30kg (65lbs) may zip tandem with a guide on the Moa 4-Line tour only
- The maximum weight of a guest is 125kg (275lbs)
- Children (6-14yrs) must be accompanied on tour by a parent of guardian (someone at least 15 years of age)
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
Confirmation in the form of an e-voucher will be sent to your email at the time of purchase. Although we do our best to deliver it instantly, occasionally, this may take up to 6 hours for the e-voucher to be delivered. For any queries, please get in touch with us . We're always happy to help.