Winter Sightseeing Alpine Gondola Ride
New Zealand's most progressive terrain
The chondola is suitable for people of all ages
Venture to the Pou or take a seat on the Alpine Swing
Embrace the glorious views of the Southern Alps
Travel up the mountain on the Mc Dougall's Chondola
Perfect place to capture numerous photo opportunities
Experience glorious alpine scenery from the top of a mountain when you book the Cardrona Resort sightseeing chondola online here. Visit the skyline viewing platform for panoramic views of the Southern Alps or take a hike on the Captain’s Circuit. If you are feeling active, you can walk back to base or return on McDougalls' Chondola.
During busy periods, the Vista Bar will open. Grab a glass of bubbles, craft beer or ice cream from the coolest place in New Zealand atop of the mountain or a bite to eat at The Lounge back at base. Tickets for Cardrona Resort’s winter sightseeing chondola are available now.
- Single uplift on the McDougall’s Chondola (Cardrona only)
- Access to all sightseeing trails
- Food and beverages
- Hotel transfers
- Travel up the mountain on the McDougall’s Chondola
- The chondola is suitable for people of all ages
- Perfect place to capture numerous photo opportunities
- Check out the amazing views of the Southern Alps from the viewing platform or grab a hot drink from the Vista bar
- Venture up to the summit to the pou or take a seat on the Alpine Swing
- Opening hours are from 8.30am - 4pm
- Cardrona Alpine Resort and Treble Cone, Cardrona Valley Rd, Cardrona 9305, New Zealand
- Snow boots are available to hire from the mountain rental shop
- Warm clothing and waterproof footwear is recommended during winter
- Please advise all passenger names, dates of birth at the time of booking
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!