Otago Rail Trail 1 Day Cycling Tour ex Clyde or Queenstown
1 Day Cycling Trail Tour
Lunch at Omakau Commercial Hotel
55kms cycling distance
Cycle past amazing scenery
Spectacular gorges on Otago Central Trail
Snacks and lunch included
- Independent Cycling 1 Day Tour ex Clyde or Queenstown
- 55kms cycling distance
- Snacks for on the trail
- Accommodation pick up from Queenstown (Queenstown departures only)
- A la carte lunch at Omakau Commercial Hotel
- Cycle equipment - bicycle, helmet, repair kit, panniers, odometer and trail documentation
- $65 extra per person per day if wanting to upgrade to Electric Bikes (subject to availability)
- Transport to and from Queenstown by bus (if you have selected Queenstown option)
- Your adventure starts in Clyde where you will be fitted to your bike at the depot
- Ride over two viaducts, bridges and through two tunnels whilst cycling past amazing scenery
- Enjoy a la carte lunch at the Omakau Commercial Hotel which was voted “Best Country Hotel in NZ 2016" where you can order off the menu
- Cycle through one of the most spectacular gorges on the famous Otago Central Rail Trail
- Complimentary pick up from Chatto Creek or Alexandra if you do not wish to cycle the full 55kms
- The trail is clearly marked with maps provided which makes it easy to navigate your way around
- Ex Clyde - Arrive at Trail Journeys depot located right at the start of the trail at 9.00am for a 9.30am departure, tour finishes usually in the late afternoon (depending on how fast you cycle)
- Ex Queenstown - Pick up from Queenstown accommodation at 7.45am and will return back to Queenstown at 6.30pm (guests require to conclude cycling at Clyde return by 5.00pm to catch the 5.00pm bus to Queenstown)
- Located at the start of the Otago Central Rail Trail - 16 Springvale Rd, Clyde 9391
- Driving distance from Queenstown to Clyde is approximately 1 hour
- Driving distance from Wanaka to Clyde is approximately 55 minutes
If you have booked a hotel
- Prior to completing your purchase, enter your hotel name in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- If you have not yet booked a hotel, enter the words 'hotel not known' in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the shopping cart. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation tour voucher with complete tour operator details. You will be required to contact the tour operator a minimum of 48hrs prior to your day of travel to reconfirm your hotel pick up time
What To Bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Enclosed shoes
- Bottle water
- Tours operate all year round
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate
- Fitness level: Medium
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!