Queenstown to Fox Glacier Tour
See the mountains and lakes of Wakatipu, Dunstan, Wanaka and Hawea
View the rainforests, crystal clear waterfalls and rugged mountains of the South Island
Explore the southnmost pass between the East and West Coast - Haast Pass
Visit the small village of Fox Glacier
See the majestic Southern Alps, picturesque lakes and rivers and the wild beauty of the West Coast on this full-day sightseeing bus tour from Queenstown to Fox Glacier.
Step aboard your luxury sightseeing tour coach and begin your journey with breathtaking scenery of high mountain peaks and crystal-clear blue lakes. Along the way your driver guide will provide commentary on this unique region. Pass man-made Lake Dunstan outside Cromwell, beautiful Lake Wanaka and its neighbouring Lake Hawea, and take a morning tea break at Makarora, a small settlement at the foot of Mount Shrimpton, where the Otago and West Coast regions meet.
Entering Mount Aspiring National Park, we follow the historic route used by Māori as they travelled across the Southern Alps in search of pounamu (greenstone). Journey through the Haast Pass, the southernmost pass between the South Island’s two coasts, enjoying views of native beech forest, waterfalls and glacier-fed rivers.
Arriving on the West Coast, we enter an awe-inspiring landscape of vast rainforests, crystal clear waterfalls and rugged mountain tops. As we wind our way along the rocky coastline, the formidable peaks, moody blue rivers and the powerful surf create the perfect escape. Here you will discover an isolated and tranquil part of New Zealand.
Your one-way tour concludes as we reach the small village of Fox Glacier, set against the lush green rainforest and your base for exploration of this fascinating natural phenomenon. The Fox Glacier is a moving river of ice approximately 13 kilometres (8.1 miles) long, enclosed by sheer rock walls and soaring mountain peaks. You can speak to your driver for details about guided tours of the glacier.
- One Way tour from Queenstown to Fox Glacier.
- Take in the amazing scenery including high mountains and piercing blue lakes at Wakatipu, Dunstan, Wanaka and Hawea.
- Visit the small village of Fox Glacier.
- Haast Pass - the southernmost pass between the East and West Coast sof the South Island.
- Rainforest's, crystal clear waterfalls and rugged mountains.
- 8:10 am Depart from Athol St carpark, Queenstown
- 3:40 pm Arrive at Fox Glacier Guides Building, Main Road
- This is one-way tour and does not include return to Queenstown. The return is for people staying north of Fox Glacier.
- A complimentary hotel-pick up is included in this day tour. At the time of booking, please select your designated accommodation property to book this in and obtain your pick-up time. Please ensure you are waiting 10 minutes prior at your designated pick-up location
If you have booked a hotel
- Select your hotel name and pick up time from the location drop down list provided. If your hotel is not listed, select an alternative hotel in close proximity and make your way to that hotel on the day of the tour. Alternatively, choose Athol Street in the middle of the car park from the location drop down list and make your way to that location on the day of the tour, as this is the main departure point
If you have not yet booked a hotel
- Select Athol Street in the middle of the car park from the location drop down list provided as this is the main departure point for the tour. Once your hotel arrangements have been finalised, you can contact the local tour operator to change your pick up details. Local tour operator's contact details will appear on your tour voucher
If your hotel is not listed or you do not require a hotel pick up
- Select Athol Street in the middle of the car park from the location drop down list provided as this is the main departure point for the tour. Make your way to this location at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time
Terms And Conditions
- The Tour Operator reserves the right to alter prices and timetables and to arrange alternative transport, routes or sightseeing services without notice.
- Products are sold subject to the conditions of the Carriage of Goods Act 1979, the terms and conditions published by the carrier and conditions printed on the ticket.
- The Tour Operator is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the purchase or use of its products or services or the purchase or use of any third party’s products or services.
- No refund will be made against customer failure to report prior to departure. Claims for refunds due to circumstances beyond the control of tour operators, service supplier or customer should be submitted in writing, but no later than 30 days after the date of tour departure. Refunds must be claimed within 30 days of cancellation. It is recommended that customers adequately insure themselves against cancellation charges and the possible loss of money or personal belongings.
- Children's fares: 3 - 12 years inclusive. Infants under 3 years old no charge when not occupying a seat, however please advise sales staff when an infant is travelling in the additional comments section.
- Fuel: due to the uncertainty of fuel prices, the Tour Operator reserves the rights to add a fuel surcharge to any of their tours.
- Tour codes are shown in brackets for booking purposes. The following tours are operated by third parties - GS57, GS55, GS99.
- While every effort is made to operate the Milford Sound tour in glass roof coaches, due to servicing requirements these vehicles may not always be available.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!