Queenstown Scenic Lake Cruise
Queenstown Scenic Lake Cruise
View beautiful scenery and mountains
Intriguing stories and history of the area
Amazing photo opportunities
90 minute cruise
11am, 2pm and 4pm departures
Departing from Queenstown , this relaxing scenic lake cruise will travel along Lake Wakatipu to view stunning mountain scenery, lakeside homes, islands, historic dams and rare birds. As you cruise the lake marvelling at the sights, listen to commentary from local experts who will share with you the local stories and historical facts of the region. Keep your camera handy as the Remarkables Mountain Range makes for an amazing backdrop to any photograph. On the return, the cruise will travel along the shoreline of Frankton Arm so that you can see the sights of Queenstown from the water. Cruises depart from a central location in Queenstown at 11am, 2pm with an additional 4pm cruise available in summer. This affordable 90-minute cruise is the perfect addition to any Queenstown itinerary and is suitable for families, couples, groups or independent travellers. Plus there is Mandarin audio commentary available for international visitors to enjoy. You may also like to purchase a beer or wine from the bar on board while you take in the sights on this scenic cruise. Book your Queenstown scenic lake cruise online today!
- 90 minute lake cruise departing Queenstown
- View many more mountains, scenery and sights of Queenstown from the Lake
- See stunning lakeside homes, a historic dam, willow islands, trout and rare birds
- Hear a world-renowned commentary from local experts
- Intriguing local stories, facts and history
- 90% calm water cruise
- Ideal for all age groups. Families, couples, independent travellers and even the ‘more mature’ clients can enjoy!
- Mandarin audio commentary available
- Excellent photo opportunities
- Local Kiwi family owned and operated
- Drinks (bar available on board)
- Cruises depart at 11am, 2pm and 4pm (4pm trip operates from October - March) 50 Beach Street, Million Dollar Cruise Jetty, Waters Edge, Queenstown Bay 9300, New Zealand
- 90 minutes
What To Bring
- Comfortable clothing and a jacket for cooler months
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!