Kayak or Paddleboard with Cruise from Ruby Island
Half Day Kayak or Paddle Board Tour
Immerse yourself in the stunning nature
Witness the Southern Alps and Glaciers
Enjoy a scenic return cruise on the lake
Spend some time relaxing on Ruby Island
Pick the departure time that suits you
- Kayak or Paddle Board (paddle included)
- Life vest
- Knowledgeable tour guide
- Light snacks
- Powerboat cruise back to departure location
- You will have the choice to book the kayak for a 9, 12 (noon) or 3pm departure
- Head to the waterfront van to get set up with your kayak or stand-up paddleboard
- The waterfront crew will run over what you need to know
- Pick a shuttle departure time (at the waterfront) for either 12 (noon), 3 pm or 6 pm
- Enjoy a leisurely paddle or kayak to Ruby Island
- Wait at the Ruby Island Jetty at your chosen departure time and you’ll see the boat
- Enjoy a scenic boat ride back to the waterfront
- Winter hours (May – Sept): 12 noon departure, 3pm pick up only
- Departure times are 9am, 12 noon or 3pm
- 3 hours
- Wanaka Lake Front, opposite the corner of Dungarvon & Ardmore Streets, Lake Wanaka
- You'll start from our beach rental van Ardmore Street on the lakefront opposite The Lake Bar. Look out for our Paddle Wanaka signs. You'll paddle up to Ruby Island (about 45mins) and then we'll pick you up by powerboat and wiz you back to where you started.
What To Bring
- Clothing that you don’t mind getting wet
- Water bottle
- If you are going out for 2 or more hours you should also bring a cell phone that works in New Zealand as an emergency contact
- If you book at 9am, we'll collect you at 12noon), but we can change this on the day of you'd like more time. Let us know upon your arrival. * How to book Book a kayak and cruise rental time (summer and winter hours vary).
- Pick your kayak up from the waterfront van at that time, and let the waterfront crew know what shuttle you'd like to jump on, bearing in mind it takes about 45mins to paddle to Ruby.
- You'll automatically be put onto the next shuttle.
Terms And Conditions
- Risk Awareness Participation with Paddle Wanaka will require signing a risk disclose form on the day.
- By undertaking this activity, I am aware that I may get wet in some manner, I understand that conditions may change and can get very cold and windy. I am prepared for this.
- I understand that this is an outdoor activity, and as such there is always an element of risk involved that may cause serious harm or worse to myself or others, if my actions are inappropriate.
- I will listen to, and follow, all instructions given to me by Paddle Wanaka staff.
- Change your booking up to 24 hours before the start time of your experience
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!