TSS Earnslaw Cruise and Walter Peak Horse Trek
Return cruise across Lake Wakatipu
Queenstown's iconic vintage steamship
Spectacular Queenstown alpine scenery
Freshly baked morning or afternoon tea included
40 minute leisurely guided horse trek
Suitable for all riding abilities
Add on some extra adventure to your TSS Earnslaw cruise and visit to Walter Peak Country Farm by jumping in the saddle for a horse riding tour of the area - the truly traditional way to explore! Whilst saddled up you'll be taken by an experienced and friendly guide across the rolling farm terraces to a lookout that will provide you with some outstanding views of both the surrounding mountains and Lake Wakatipu itself. Riders of all levels - from first-timers to veterans - will be able to take part as it is suitable for the inexperienced and lasts for approximately forty minutes.
Upon returning to the Colonel's Homestead and stable the horses, you'll take the time to enjoy a traditional morning or afternoon tea of freshly baked scones, cakes and slices, tea, coffee and fruit juice. All necessary safety equipment is provided along with, if necessary, wet weather clothing to ensure that the experience is unspoilt no matter the situation.
- Return scenic cruise from Queenstown to Walter Peak on the vintage steamship, TSS Earnslaw
- Morning or afternoon tea including scones, cakes and slices freshly baked at the farm
- Small group, personalised guided 40 minute horse trek
- Horses saddles, bridles and riding helmets provided
- Return cruise across Lake Wakatipu aboard the TSS Earnslaw
- Explore the vessel and view the engine room of the iconic-century old steamship
- Expert commentary from the Captain
- Guided tours of the vessel are available
- Food and drinks available from the onboard cafe and licensed bar
- Small group, personalised guided 40 minute horse trek
- Ride along a peninsular trail providing views of Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains
- Suitable for all abilities including first-time riders
- Tours depart from the Earnslaw Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown.
- Please ensure you check-in at least 20 minutes prior to departure
- Parking in Summer months can be challenging, please ensure you allow ample time to park your car and check in for your departure
- All vouchers must be exchanged for boarding passes prior to boarding
What To Bring
- Non-slip shoes/boots
- Warm clothing/jacket
- Suitable for riders of all abilities, including first-time riders
- Safety helmets and wet weather clothing are provided
- There is a minimum age of 7 years
- There is a minimum height of 120cm
- There is a maximum weight of 100kg
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!