Horse Riding Tour in Te Anau
1 or 2 hour horse riding tour
Beginners & experienced riders welcome
Includes safety gear and refreshments
Operates all year round
Admire the wonderful view of Te Anau region
Horses available for all level riders
- Safety helmets
- Light refreshment at the highest point
- 1 or 2 hour horse trek
- Experienced guide
- Calm and well looked after horses!
- We ride to a high point of the Te Anau basin to earn the panoramic 360 degree view of the spectacular mountain ranges and sparkling waters of Lake Te Anau
- We have horses to suit all levels of riders confidence. Beginners and people with no previous experience are welcome - our horses are calm and will look after you
- Located 5 minutes drive from the Te Anau township
- Morning ride 9:00 am
- Afternoon ride 1:00 pm
- Summer Hours (1 Oct - 30 April)
- Winter Hours (1st May - Sept 30th)
- Winter 1 Hour Ride is at 10am - however, subject to change on the day to work around weather
- Winter rides are walking only
- Experience last approximately 2.5 hours
- 1.5 hours for Winter ride
What To Bring
- Sunscreen and a windbreaker / light rain jacket
- Camera (your guide will take a photo of you and your horse with the mountains or lake as a magnificient memento for you)
- Sturdy footwear
- Long trousers
- Experience - We have horses to suit all levels of riders confidence. Beginners and people with no previous experience are welcome - our horses are calm and will look after you. For the more experienced riders we have horses with a bit more spirit so we can match a horse to you so you have fun too. We can cater for different levels within the group so if someone in the group has had no previous experience but you want to canter on the ride we allow for both of you to get the most from your ride. This needs to be arranged in advance so please tell us at your time of booking
- Guides - Our client to guide ratio depends on the experience of the riders. For beginners, we have a client to guide ratio of at least 1 guide to 4 beginner riders for maximum safety and comfort
- Minimum Age - 6 years depending on the size of the child, they must be able to sit a horse by themself and be led from another
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Maximum Weight - For our horse's safety and well being, we have a weight limit for riders of 95kg/210lbs
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience.
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- If for any reason you find it necessary to cancel your trip, please notify Westray Horse Treks as soon as possible. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before departure time will be charged in full.
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!