Wanaka Kayaking Day Tour
Summer seasonality: November to April
Winter seasonality: July to October
No necessary experience with the easy paddle pace
Experienced guide with added commentary
Absorb the tranquility and feel energetically rejuvenated
- Kayak and paddle
- Life vest
- Knowledgeable tour guide
- Light snacks and refreshments
- Water taxi ride home
- Optional 15 minute peninsula or island walk
- Enjoy a leisurely half day kayaking tour on Lake Wanaka, a fabulous introduction to the area
- The included transfer form your Wanaka accommodation is simply an extra touch on top of an unforgettable experience
- On arrival to Lake Wanaka get matched with your trusty kayak for an active yet pleasurable kayaking tour
- Listen to the added commentary from an experienced guide and take in the breathtaking landscapes
- Witness the Southern Alps and the magical glaciers which surround Lake Wanaka
- Absorb the tranquility and feel energetically rejuvenated in a way only nature can offer
- Operates December 1 – February 30 annually
- Please allow a half day for this experience
- 151-153 Ardmore Street, Beach Front, Wanaka 9305
What To Bring
- Bottled water
- A change of clothing as sometimes clothing can get damp or the rare event of a capsized kayak
- Swimmers and towel
- Sun screen and insect repellent
- Please wear comfortable non restrictive clothing, these may get damp
- Optional wind and waterproof jacket in cooler months
- Open shoes: sandles/jandals/thongs/flip flops
- non-restrictive clothing
- Mobile phone
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!