Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise and Coach from Manapouri
Coach over Wilmot Pass
Wildlife viewing oppportunities
Leisurely exploration of Doubtful Sound by water
Kayaking and exploring by tender craft
Dining saloon, observation lounge and spacious viewing decks
Traditional style motor vessel with staysail schooner-rigged sails
- Overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound
- Launch transfers across Lake Manapouri
- Coach over Wilmot Pass
- Water activities
- Buffet dinner and breakfast prepared by an on-board chef
- Specialist nature guide on board to provide insightful commentary
- Leisurely exploration of Doubtful Sound on board the Fiordland Navigator
- Traditional style motor vessel with staysail schooner-rigged sails
- Dining saloon, observation lounge and spacious viewing decks
- Wildlife viewing opportunities including - fur seals, penguins and dolphins
- Dedicated nature guide with specialist knowledge of the regions history, flora and fauna
- Interpretation hand out in five languages (English, German, French, Spanish and Japanese)
- Kayaking and exploring by tender craft
- Buffet dinner and breakfast prepared by an on-board chef
- A mix of ensuites and shared bathroom facilities based on room type
- 1-night cruises from September to April each year.
- 2-nights cruises in August each year.
- Itinerary may change depending on the season.
- How long does it take to travel to Manapouri? From Queenstown to Manapouri by car or coach takes around 2 hrs 45 mins and from Te Anau around 30 minutes.
- Is there car parking at Manapouri? Overnight car parking is 950m from the Manapouri Visitor Centre and daytime car parking is provided adjacent to the Visitor centre.
- Are there luggage storage facilities at Manapouri? Yes, there is very limited luggage storage available at the Manapouri Visitor Centre for our overnight cruise passengers (maximum one bag only per person).
What To Bring
- Non-slip shoes/ boots, waterproof jacket
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Change of clothes
- Insect repellent
- Swimwear (optional)
- Cash for bar and snacks
- Overnight bag only
- Only one overnight bag should be brought on board for passenger convenience and safety reasons. There are limited luggage storage facilities available at the Real Journeys Visitor Centre in Manapouri
- If you have 3 people and would like to avoid having another person in your quad share room, you will need to purchase an extra child ticket
- Fiordland Navigator - A traditional style motor vessel with staysail shunner-rigged sails. Features a dining saloon, observation lounge and viewing decks. Has 18 private cabins with ensuite bathrooms and 9 quad-share bunk style compartments with a shared bathroom facility. Holds 72 passengers overnight.
- Twin and Double bedding configuration available
- Evening dining includes three-course buffet meal with a selection of mains (please advise dietary requirements at time of booking). Breakfast includes a choice of cooked and continental. All meals are served in the dining saloon
- It is recommended that passengers order a Picnic Lunch for Day 1
Terms And Conditions
- Seasonal price variation - Peak: December - April
- Suitable for all ages with the exception of infants (0 - 4 years) in quad share
- Quad-share: we endeavour to assign compartments as "all female" or "all male" but we cannot guarantee this
- Child rates apply for 1 - 14 years
- Infants (0 - 4 years) may travel in twin/double cabins only. Infants (0 - 12 months) carried free of charge if sleeping in a cot, otherwise child rates apply. Passengers to provide their own cot, unless by prior arrangement.
- Suitable for all ages, with exception of infants in quad share
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking, however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control. We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The 'from price' displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!