KJet 1 hour Jetboat Ride in Queenstown
60 minute wild ride on the Kawarau and Shotover Rivers
Departs from the centre of Queenstown
Experience the world’s first Jet boat ride
360 degree spins and views
45km of pure adrenalin and unforgettable thrills
Travel up to 95kph in water that's less than 5cm deep in places
A Queenstown jet boat ride is a must-do during any trip to New Zealand's South Island; zoom at high speed amongst some truly stunning New Zealand scenery with a 1 hour jet boating experience in Queenstown for top sightseeing thrills spread out over an amazing 45 kilometre journey. This extended 60 minute jet boat ride incorporates the best of 3 renowned NZ bodies of water - Lake Wakatipu, and the Kawarau and Shotover Rivers all in one tour. Join your jet boating hosts and board a twin-engine powered jet boat vessel and travel along the pristine waters of Queenstown's Lake Wakatipu surrounded by iconic mountains before heading onto the Kawarau River where the tricks and stunts begin in earnest. Zip over its green waters as your experienced driver performs 360° spins and more while soaking up the scenery.
Next, head into the narrow canyons of the Shotover River with its famously shallow waters as you're piloted between its close, rocky walls at jaw-droppingly high speeds of up to 95 kilometres per hour. All of this adrenaline is conducted amongst the amazing Queenstown scenery that makes the region such a popular holiday spot, and there's a reason there are few spots in the world more famous for jet boating than Queenstown is. One of Queenstown's true must-do experiences, book yourself a jet boating adventure online today.
- 60 minute thrilling Queenstown Jet boating experience
- Experience both the Kawarau and Shotover Rivers
- 360 degree spins and views
- Life jacket
- Photos and videos of your Jet Boat experience can be purchased when you return at an additional cost
- 60 minutes of unforgettable thrills, spins and exhilaration across three waterways in one of the world’s most stunning locations
- Your twin engine Jet boat roars across crystal clear Lake Wakatipu at breath-taking speed, surrounded by majestic mountains and mesmerising scenery
- You zoom under the Kawarau Dam onto the deep green waters of The Kawarau River, complete with lots of 360° spins
- The adventure heightens as your driver navigates the fast moving currents of the narrow braided Shotover River
- Racing up the shallow channels at speeds of up to 95 KPH in water that’s less than 10cm deep in places
- Photos from your trip can be purchased when you return at an additional cost
- Tours depart daily at 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm. In summer (October - March) there are 9am, 10am, 5pm, 6pm and 7pm departure times also
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure
- Main Town Pier on the Queenstown Lakefront, Marine Parade, Queenstown
- Look out for the yellow KJet signage on the Main Town Pier
What To Bring
- Warm jacket or fleece
- Casual footwear
- Children aged between 5 and 15 years are eligible for child rate. Child age 2-4 years ride FREE with an accompanying parent or caregiver
- The operator reserves the right to cancel or amend a trip due to weather or unforeseen circumstances at any stage. In this case you are given an option to rebook or receive a full refund
- Personal items such as mobile phones and cameras can be taken on board the Jet Boat at your own liability and risk
- Each of our eight Jet boats have heated handrails to help keep you that little bit warmer in winter. We also have gloves, hats and neck gaiters which are available to purchase
- Spray jackets are not provided
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Mobile Vouchers are accepted! - Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Cruise vessel subject to change without notice
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Bring the family and enjoy the sights and sounds of New Zealand's most famous animals at Kiwi Park, just 5 minutes from the Queenstown centre!
Embark on a tour to see Royal Albatross in their natural habitat with this viewing tour in the beautiful Otago Peninsula region. Book your tour here.
Visit New Zealand's Te Anau's famous underground network of glow worm caves on this tour that will take you directly into their heart. Free for kids under 4 years.
Cruise the smooth, clear waters of Lake Wakatipu aboard the steam-driven vessel "the Lady of the Lake" for a Queenstown experience to step back in time.
Get a taste of a warm kiwi welcome as you disembark from your TSS Earnslaw cruise of Lake Wakatipu & experience Walter Peak High Country Farm's hospitality.
Travel to Middle Earth and visit the locations and stunning scenery that inspired Peter Jackson's 'Lord of The Rings' sequels in Glenorchy, NZ.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
10 Amazing Gold Coast Play Centres To Visit This Summer
Discover the top Gold Coast indoor playgrounds and outdoor play centres perfect for families with kids and teens seeking fun and adventure.
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!