Nelson Bay Dolphin Watching Cruise
Enjoy a dry bow-net or a wet and wild boom net ride
Look out for the abundance of bottlenose dolphins in the area
Get out on the water for an exciting sailing adventure around Nelson bay
Exciting opportunity to get close to the dolphins
This is a seasonal experience available from November to April only
Discover the huge bottlenose dolphin population off the coast of Port Stephens
- One and a half hour sailing cruise
- 360 degree viewing
- Friendly and knowledgeable crew
- Dry "Bow-Net" and wet "Boom Net"
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Licensed bar
- Dolphin Guarantee (Free Return)
- Spend time with the almost 100 resident Bottlenose Dolphins that live in the Bay at Port Stephens
- Friendly and knowledgable crew
- Dry 'Bow-Net' and Wet 'Boom Net'
- Please note: this is a seasonal experience available from November to May only
- Cruises depart at 11.30am and 1:30pm
- This experience departs from Dock C, d'Albora Marina, Teramby Rd, Nelson Bay 2315.
What To Bring
- Bring swimwear and a towel if you want to ride on the boom net
- It's recommended that you speak to your pharmacist about preventative measures for seasickness before you board as crew cannot provide medication
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- You must be able to swim to participate in this tour
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- Vouchers can also be presented on your mobile device for this attraction
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements
You may also like these kids' and family activities
Wade into the shallows and get to know and hand feed the curious creatures at the Irukandji Shark & Ray Aquarium in Port Stephens.
Visit Broughton Island to swim or snorkel in the pristine waters on this 3 hour snorkelling cruise.
Enjoy a front-row seat to admire the magnificent Humpback Whales on this 90 minute express whale watching cruise from Port Stephens from June to November.
Book the Tropical Snorkel at Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters aquarium to feed sharks and rays. Entry tickets are included in this experience.
Set sail on this 3 hour whale watching cruise from Port Stephens and cruise Nelson Bay to witness Humpback Whales and dolphins up close.
Read the latest stories from our blog
Get inspired with the best school holiday programs, thrilling events for kids and an array of free school holiday activities curated just for your little ones. Explore and enjoy!
Discover The Best Brisbane Indoor Play Centres for Endless Family Fun!
Explore our top picks for Brisbane's indoor play centres: trampolines, laser tag, climbing gyms and more exciting activities for toddlers to teenagers.
School Holiday Ideas
20+ Unmissable Best Things To Do In Auckland With Kids
Explore the best things to do in Auckland with kids: fun, free, affordable indoor and outdoor family adventures, from Waitomo Caves to Auckland Zoo and beyond!
16 Amazing Christmas Gift Ideas For Music Lovers In 2023
Looking for unique Christmas gift ideas for music lovers and musicians? Find best gifts for music lovers, that aren't just headphones or bluetooth speakers!